Our "most likely" new venue!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

Well Robin and I are going back to the first place we really loved for our wedding. Its called Drysdales, and it is a tree farm about 30 minutes from our home. Here is a little blurb from the site about it and a few pictures from the site

Weddings
    Drysdale's offers a unique and memorable setting for your wedding service not only for a bride and groom but for your guests as well.

Be it upon our open air palladium with your guests nestled under 100 year old maples, on an emerald green lawn with bride and groom taking their vows under a white arbour adorned with blossoms, or with the bride descending through the woods with guests seated on a wooded bridge draped in garlands of tulle and wild flowers.

Drysdale's wedding services range from providing the venue to planning, decorating, Minister, horse drawn carriage, fabulous backdrops for photos and finishing touches such as wedding seedlings for guests to be planted to commemorate your special day

Click the image to open in full size.

Banquet Facilities

Over 5500 square foot glass conservatory was constructed expressly for wedding receptions and corporate events, providing the perfect venue for your important day. Sunlight streaming through by day and moonlight and stars lighting your dance floor by night, with guests mingling onto patios enclosed by gardens.

Also I was thinking of doing this as a table gift. I saw it on the Martha Stewart website. What do you all think??

BTW I am happier now than I have been during this whole wedding process and I really credit all you wonderful ladies with that!

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

Laura - it's gorgeous!! I love the reception area too. It looks like it gets a lot of natural light, which is always good... seems like when there are no windows it feels really stuffy!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

That place looks GORGEOUS!!!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

Ya there will be a lot of light because its a green house and it will be in June so "hopefully" it will be a warm sunny day!
          Robin is dying to get married here because he is a Horticulturist so he loves being outdoors!

#5 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

So pretty!

#6 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

I love it! I think it is a really beautiful place.
              Angie

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by RaydensMama
                Ya there will be a lot of light because its a green house and it will be in June so "hopefully" it will be a warm sunny day!
                Robin is dying to get married here because he is a Horticulturist so he loves being outdoors!
                oh, well then this is perfect you two! this place looks gorgeous.

#8 soulmates

soulmates
                • 538 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

I love it. Its so beautiful

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:54 PM

My first thought when you say "greenhouse" is really hot and stuffy, but obviously since they have weddings there, it's not some stuffy, humid room. They have A/C?

I love the first picture - all of the colours of the trees off in the distance. So pretty. This is a gorgeous location.

Oh, and I forgot to mention before - you can almost never go wrong with Martha Stewart! The table gifts are fantastic!
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

wow looks amazing.. Your going to have a very beautiful wedding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users