Photo

Has anyone used a Nu Bra?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Rhonda

Rhonda
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

I just bought a pair last week when I picked up my dress. It's basically soft, SCARILY real-like boobs that stick to you and give support if you're wearing a backless dress.
    It just hit me today that they might fall off in Mexico if I'm sweating...I'm not sure...anyone know

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

My sister used to wear one and she loved it. As for the sweating issue...i have no idea about that??

#3 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

I wore one during my wedding and it was fine until I started dancing, and then I started sweating and then.....it slipped around inside my dress like crazy! It was great for me until I actually started sweating ex ceremony, pics, dinner etc. cause it totally provided support and a little cleave. I would suggest a backup bra just in case...like maybe a low back bra or corset? Good luck!
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#4 Rhonda

Rhonda
        • 270 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by seaprincess
          I wore one during my wedding and it was fine until I started dancing, and then I started sweating and then.....it slipped around inside my dress like crazy! It was great for me until I actually started sweating ex ceremony, pics, dinner etc. cause it totally provided support and a little cleave. I would suggest a backup bra just in case...like maybe a low back bra or corset? Good luck!
          Ok, that's what I was thinking! I don't want to wear any real bra underneath my dress....now I'm not sure what to do...maybe I'll ask my seamstress for help with this one!
          Thanks!

#5 bumbles

bumbles
          • 574 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

I tried it on with my dress and it's pretty secure since I also had cups sewn into my dress. Hopefully, it will withstand the heat in Mexico and not move around.

Btw, Victoria's Secret has NuBra on sale for 50% off!

#6 Rhonda

Rhonda
            • 270 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Fanny
              I tried it on with my dress and it's pretty secure since I also had cups sewn into my dress. Hopefully, it will withstand the heat in Mexico and not move around.

Btw, Victoria's Secret has NuBra on sale for 50% off!
              That's a good idea too! Maybe I'll also have cups sewn in just in case...
              I can't believe the NuBra is on sale at VS! I got mine at the bridal salon for $77!!! I also got ripped off on a veil there too....boy, I'm realizing how stupid I was for buying there!

#7 binzer

binzer
              • 230 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I've been wondering about Nubras too! I don't need the support, but I could certainly use the extra padding. I just don't want to have that strapless bra feeling where I constantly feel like I need to be adjusting it or restricting my movement to keep everything in place.

I guess the best thing to do is is buy one now and try it out. Does VS actually sell the Nubra brand, or is it their own stuff?

#8 binzer

binzer
                • 230 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I've been wondering about Nubras too! I don't need the support, but I could certainly use the extra padding. I just don't want to have that strapless bra feeling where I constantly feel like I need to be adjusting it or restricting my movement to keep everything in place.

I guess the best thing to do is is buy one now and try it out. Does VS actually sell the Nubra brand, or is it their own stuff?

#9 bumbles

bumbles
                  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yep, it's the Nu Bra brand. They had the ones that clasp in the front and the ones that are separate. Maybe call your store to see if they have them?

#10 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

OHHH Man... do I have a horror story for you ladies... I cannot recall if it was the brand 'nubra' but I have tried this....

Please, enter my time machine ~Prom 1999~.....

:)

I wore the stick on bra type things as you have described above... I did find that they were supportive (and I am a D) but..... I couldn't get them off!

I am not at all kidding when I say that removal was EXTREMELY painful, and they tore the skin under both my breasts, leaving me unable to wear a bra for several days... no kidding...

DISASTER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users