Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2411 mimiq

mimiq
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

oops!  saw that you posted a pis later - they look great!

Originally Posted by mimiq 

great idea!  do you have any pics?  would love to see how they turned out!

#2412 mimiq

mimiq
    • 184 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

these would be great for my nieces/nephews and the other kiddies at the wedding - thanks!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Sorry, I just realized I made a mistake...the play packs in the first picture are from Michaels and not Dollarama...but they were $1.  And if you go online and print a coupon from Michael's website, you'll get 20% off your entire order, so you'd get them for .80 plus tax.

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Hello all!  Just wanted to check in with a few more finds this week.  Although I'm done my welcome bags, I thought it made the most sense to post these here:

First, these play packs are from Dollarama and were a steal for $1!!! They contain a little pack of crayons, stickers and a 24 page activity book. My plan is to give these to my nieces and nephews at the rehearsal dinner to keep them occupied while we're all visiting.

IMG_0009.jpg

Also from Dollarama, these colouring books for $1 and activity pads for $2 (large crayons in the back and a big pad of colouring sheets and activities on the front).  All of these will go in a gift bag and sit on the kids' table at the reception.

IMG_0013.jpg

Anyone been to Michaels lately and perused the dollar (or dollar-fifty!) bins?  I didn't see any sewing kits, but I have all I need and wasn't really looking too hard.  They had a whole line of cupcake-items (cards, notepads, lip glosses, etc.)...and a nautical/beach-y line of cards, notepads, etc (lots of navy and cream colours)...but some GREAT simple rubber stamps of different shell shapes and a seahorse.  The grouping I was most interested in was the floral-filagree...cards, wrapping paper, sticky jewels and these acrylic photo holder cubes...in fruit punch colours (turquoise, bright pink, green and I think the last colour was orange).  They would be so cute on a table with photos of the b & g...or for table numbers...I plan to use mine for little signs in the mens' and ladies' washrooms (asking guests to help themselves to the toiletry baskets). I bought a cupcake notepad/pen for our flowergirl, and in with the toys I found these stick-on mustaches that I could see the kids (and some of the grown-ups) having a lot of fun with!

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpgIMG_0018.jpg

#2413 Sunshinybride

Sunshinybride
      • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hey everyone!! Have started my OOT this week. Found Tums 3roll packs for $2.12 at Walmart!!

#2414 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
        • 177 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Phew! It's taken me a week to finish reading this entire thread but I finally got to the last page. What great ideas!!

We got engaged at the same resort we're getting married at so I got the OOT bags at the resort while we were there in november. They had them for $2 in the gift shop. So, now I just have to fill them with fun stuff.

I was thinking of doing a laminated card with all the yummy drinks that we love there. Thoughts?

#2415 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
          • 177 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi everyone,

If anyone needs a promo code for Oriental Trading: MSTRM01 provides free standard shipping to Canada.

#2416 allycat3630

allycat3630
            • 170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks...  I was just about to order from Oriental trading.

#2417 MrsHamblett2012

MrsHamblett2012
              • 118 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

This is a greay thread with such good ideas for shopping!!

#2418 allycat3630

allycat3630
                • 170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hmmm  this code said not for Canada..  weird!

#2419 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
                  • 177 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hmmm, worked for me. It then pushes you into borderfree with Canada Post where duty etc is charged. Still great prices thou!

#2420 AD2012

AD2012
                    • 240 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Great idea!

Originally Posted by Realcdngirl 

Phew! It's taken me a week to finish reading this entire thread but I finally got to the last page. What great ideas!!

We got engaged at the same resort we're getting married at so I got the OOT bags at the resort while we were there in november. They had them for $2 in the gift shop. So, now I just have to fill them with fun stuff.

I was thinking of doing a laminated card with all the yummy drinks that we love there. Thoughts?

I started my OOT shopping yesterday finally! We wanted to wait until everyone was confirmed etc. I went to Dollaram and found Advil 10 tablet containers for $2.00. They also had Tylenor 12 tablet containers for $2. FI prefers Advil over Tylenol so we went with the Advil instead. Found a few other things like chapstik with SPF. So far a good start to My OOT Bags!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users