Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1661 traceysteve

traceysteve
  • Jr. Member
  • 328 posts

    Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

    Ladies...ordered my paper parasols from Asian Ideas on Monday, after searching for a Canadian distributor, obviously without luck, they're located in Pennsylvania, $4/each + folding wooden fans in a box $1.03/each. Even with the shipping and duty, less than ordering in Canada. I received an email on Tue that my order has shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed, hope they are all good, but if they're not...too damn bad!! They're still coming with me!



    #1662 MJKH

    MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

      Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

      This info is so helpful ladies...thanks so much!
       

      Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 


      YES you can save those "free" emails and go back to the links in them later - however much later (I have been using the same one for months.. if you never click any of their new emails, you'll always have your free pricing) you can still get the same deals! And yes, you are limited to 10 free things in each order. I have ordered pens, sticky notes, banners large and small, mugs, hats (the hats are kinda small, ok if they're free but I wouldn't pay for them), tshirts, notepads, mousepads, note books, keychains, lawn signs, car door magnets, small tote bags, regular magnets, postcards large and regular sized (I made wedding bookmarks out of the large size postcards), posters, stamps galore, and you can upload like a logo onto a stamp.. it doesn't have to be just text, and they come out really nice. I have mastered the art of free items on vistaprint. You will never get free shipping UNLESS you're BUYING stuff and they have those promotions that are like.. buy 40$ worth of stuff and get free shipping. If you're only going for the freebies, which I do now, you'll always have to pay some kind of shipping. Go with the slowest (cheapest) option - they almost always 'ship early' anyway. Items have their own shipping rate - like I've noticed besides the obvious items like lawn signs that come with their own metal stand thing you stick in the ground.. stamps have a big shipping fee on them. But seriously, if you go to Staples or anywhere to order a custom stamp it's going to be like, $25 at least, and that's about how much I pay for shipping 10 items. The boxes are huge, I've bought lawn signs and large banners for a non-profit dance that I help organize every year, and a couple of years ago we paid over 200 dollars to get two large outdoor banners that we got our logo printed on.. now I can get these free from vistaprint, so this year we made new ones, put "welcome to the 5th annual" on there, lots of stuff. I've even ordered stuff for my work and one order came to like 80 bucks with fast shipping, plus I paid for a couple of things but with everything I got it would have cost literally hundreds to get custom printed at a print shop. I mean come on, where else is going to print you a single tshirt that you customize yourself, for free (pay for shipping). Some places wouldn't even do a single shirt, there has to be a minimum order or they're all the same, or whatever. I have vistaprint tshirts that have "Cruising with our friends Annie & Blaine on their Carnival Dream Wedding!" on there, along with the person's name, their role in the wedding if they are part of the wedding party, plus "April 2012". Free~ Some people feel ripped off by the shipping but take it from someone who has ordered many a printed item for my work as well as for that annual dance I was talking about, and this site is awesomeness.
       



       



       



      #1663 bride6262

      bride6262
      • Member
      • 582 posts

        Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

        Ladies!! I was just in dollarama and they have these great beachy bags their for $2!! They are similar to a burlap material and would be great for the beach!! Just an FYI for anyone still looking for the perfect bags

        #1664 luvmoo

        luvmoo
        • Member
        • 503 posts

          Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

          FYI to the Brides in Calgary! I was doing a search for Pashmina's as i wouldn't mind buying some for the girls... but i didn't want to pay shipping charges, as honestly.. by then you aren't saving much... In my research.. i found a place right downtown... called Pashmina Group. they sell scarves and pashmina's etc.. i haven't been thee yet but i am going to go maybe this weekend and check it out! :) i will keep you posted as to if it is worth it.. but i thought i would pass it along anyway!



          #1665 Camy47

          Camy47
          • Newbie
          • 104 posts

            Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:14 PM


            It really depends on what you are looking for. One order I wanted to 'upgrade' some of the items I purchased so I paid extra for double sided colour printing, multiple quantities, various finishes etc. With this I ended up being over $35 and had a promo code for free priority shipping. With my 10 free items I got a giant box of items for under $40. Strategies for large orders are different than small orders though.

             

            I usually just keep all the promo codes and then when I'm ready to check out try the different ones to see which gives me the best value.

             

             

            Originally Posted by MJKH 

            I'm still getting to know VP and all they have to offer...so is the offer that is out this week one of the best you've seen?  Or does it ever get any better (i.e., free shipping for Canadians)?  Am I right that you are only allowed 10 free things per order?  I'm also wanted to know if there if more of a strategy to this (i.e., to save on shipping, order all the big things together and all the smaller things together)?
             



             



             



            #1666 amjohnson

            amjohnson
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

              Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:55 PM


              Hi Jennifer,

              I look forward to hearing back from you. I was disappointed with the ones at Le Chateau and don't think I need to pay lots for better quality pashminas. I could check it out when I'm in Calgary on the 13th. Are you getting cream colored pashiminas? I like all the colored ones but thought the women would get more use out of the cream ones.                                                                                                                                                              

              Originally Posted by luvmoo 

              FYI to the Brides in Calgary! I was doing a search for Pashmina's as i wouldn't mind buying some for the girls... but i didn't want to pay shipping charges, as honestly.. by then you aren't saving much... In my research.. i found a place right downtown... called Pashmina Group. they sell scarves and pashmina's etc.. i haven't been thee yet but i am going to go maybe this weekend and check it out! :) i will keep you posted as to if it is worth it.. but i thought i would pass it along anyway!


               

               



              #1667 torilynnsmith

              torilynnsmith
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,748 posts

                Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:10 AM


                Can't wait to see pictures!!!!! I really wanted to do the parasols lining the aisle but opted not to because I couldn't find somewhere to get them!

                Originally Posted by traceysteve 

                Ladies...ordered my paper parasols from Asian Ideas on Monday, after searching for a Canadian distributor, obviously without luck, they're located in Pennsylvania, $4/each + folding wooden fans in a box $1.03/each. Even with the shipping and duty, less than ordering in Canada. I received an email on Tue that my order has shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed, hope they are all good, but if they're not...too damn bad!! They're still coming with me!



                Great Idea Jenn.... I am going to "search" here!!!!!



                Originally Posted by luvmoo 

                FYI to the Brides in Calgary! I was doing a search for Pashmina's as i wouldn't mind buying some for the girls... but i didn't want to pay shipping charges, as honestly.. by then you aren't saving much... In my research.. i found a place right downtown... called Pashmina Group. they sell scarves and pashmina's etc.. i haven't been thee yet but i am going to go maybe this weekend and check it out! :) i will keep you posted as to if it is worth it.. but i thought i would pass it along anyway!



                 



                #1668 luvmoo

                luvmoo
                • Member
                • 503 posts

                  Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:18 AM



                  I will check them out this weekend for sure and i will keep you posted!

                   

                  I was thinking of getting myself a white one and a black one, and then get my bridesmaids a turquoise one to match thier dresses.. and my mom a silver one etc... I was thinking of just for the wedding night as we are having our dance/reception on the beach, so in case it is chilly with the breeze from the ocean etc... I am not too sure if i will get one for all of the ladies, as i was thinking just the Mother of the bride and groom, the bridesmaids and the bride..

                   

                  Mind you i will wait and see what kind of a deal they have and we can go from there hahah

                  Originally Posted by amjohnson 


                  Hi Jennifer,

                  I look forward to hearing back from you. I was disappointed with the ones at Le Chateau and don't think I need to pay lots for better quality pashminas. I could check it out when I'm in Calgary on the 13th. Are you getting cream colored pashiminas? I like all the colored ones but thought the women would get more use out of the cream ones.                                                                                                                                                              


                   

                   



                   



                  #1669 MJKH

                  MJKH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 654 posts

                    Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

                    GIRLS...you'd be proud!  I'm really getting the hang of Vistaprint.  I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, but I figured out that it does some really neat things.  Just wondering, has anyone ever seen the round or oval stickers for free?  Should I hold out or just pay for them?  I know I could do them on return address labels, but I have my heart set on a different shape.  



                    #1670 luvmoo

                    luvmoo
                    • Member
                    • 503 posts

                      Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:05 AM


                      Hahahah Very proud!! and wlecome to the vistaprint bandwagon!! :) I have gotten my welcome booklet covers(brochure) made from there,welcome letter ( rack card) and my room key holder cards( business card) all made from there for free and i love it!!!!

                       

                      I am still confused though as to how the ladies got enough free things ordered to fill thier OOT bags with.. as you only get one for free... maybe i just missed the post explaining that.. heheheh

                       

                      I haven't seen the round stickers etc.. however everything i have ever gotten from there has been awesome!! good quality and great printing.. looks professionally done and awesome!! so i would think those would be the same.. and if they are free.. you really can't go wrong! :)
                       

                      Originally Posted by MJKH 

                      GIRLS...you'd be proud!  I'm really getting the hang of Vistaprint.  I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, but I figured out that it does some really neat things.  Just wondering, has anyone ever seen the round or oval stickers for free?  Should I hold out or just pay for them?  I know I could do them on return address labels, but I have my heart set on a different shape.  



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users