Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1011 traceysteve

traceysteve
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Ummm...Shahlo, if your FI is in the states...get him to go into Target or Walmart, they have the Johnson & Johnson kits. I'm pretty sure I paid 99 cents/each.

Originally Posted by Shahlo 

My FI is in the states till Friday, i can barely wait for him to come back so he can go and look at them. The price is so amazing :), the walmart ones are close to $4.00. If he is ok with them I am buying these :)

#1012 Shahlo

Shahlo
    • 253 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Tracey!!!!! I am calling him tonight and hoping he'll have time in between work and meetings. Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

Ummm...Shahlo, if your FI is in the states...get him to go into Target or Walmart, they have the Johnson & Johnson kits. I'm pretty sure I paid 99 cents/each.

#1013 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

Ahhhhh he should pick them up at Target for you!!!! Or walmart in the states!!!! Apparently they are only $0.97 there and they are Johnson and Johnson brand.  With the dollar where it is that like $.90 a kit!!! LOL  I am planning a trip to the states soon to do some OOT shopping!!!!

My FI is in the states till Friday, i can barely wait for him to come back so he can go and look at them. The price is so amazing :), the walmart ones are close to $4.00. If he is ok with them I am buying these :)

#1014 Shahlo

Shahlo
        • 253 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

I told him the same thing, so he is going to try and sneak away from his meeting and do some shopping for me :). Hopefully, he'll be able to. Ah, so jealous of brides in the states they have it so easy there when it comes to shopping

#1015 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Ooooo perfect!!!! I am excited to see what he finds for you!!!!

I told him the same thing, so he is going to try and sneak away from his meeting and do some shopping for me :). Hopefully, he'll be able to. Ah, so jealous of brides in the states they have it so easy there when it comes to shopping

#1016 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

yeah i told my FI last night on our way back home...we needed to stop and get some OOT stuff lol he looked at me like I had 5 eyes. then i explained that weve lived out of province for 10 months, border control will have no idea where we got them lol lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1017 traceysteve

traceysteve
              • 328 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

hahaa!! I was so jealous of the US brides, that I planned a weekend shopping trip in Buffalo. They manage to score all kinds of coupons and stuff, I saw that some of them bought them 2 for 1!! I'll be doing another cross border shopping trip before the end of August though, it's definitely worth it.

#1018 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

I do Buffalo shopping trips too!!!! I am hoping to go the end of this month, just waiting to get a better idea of numbers! Our TA has been away since we booked our trip... ahem not impressed... so no one has been able to book their trips.  My FMIL called FI yesterday saying we need to figure this out.  She is back now but needless to say FI is not impressed at all!!! Oh well, there has to be some drama right?! We have until end of august to get deposits down... I just hope people start booking soon!!!!

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

hahaa!! I was so jealous of the US brides, that I planned a weekend shopping trip in Buffalo. They manage to score all kinds of coupons and stuff, I saw that some of them bought them 2 for 1!! I'll be doing another cross border shopping trip before the end of August though, it's definitely worth it.

#1019 subbi

subbi
                  • 217 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Saw these at the dollar store too. The quality isn`t bad it does what it`s suppose to do so I think I might buy them eventually

Tell me about it Tori. I am so frustrated with shopping here. I don't know why we are so far behind in shopping here. I found such great beach totes on Amazon, but shipping was $70.00 I can't justify spending that much on shipping costs.

I finally went to the dollar store today (YaY for me) and found first aid kits for a $1.25. Here is the pic: IMG_0166.JPG

I don't know what the quality is like, but the price is quite nice :)

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#1020 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

The nice thing about the first aid kits from Dollarama is they always have them!! It's not seasonal or anything so it is 1 thing you do not have to get it when you see!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users