Jump to content
beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Recommended Posts


Can you let us know how the order goes (what you ordered, cost, final total)? I filled up my shopping bag with $50 and shipping was $27, so not worth it IMO. But if you are buying more and shipping stays relatively the same, maybe it is worth it! I read somewhere that shipping is based on a percentage of the total, not weight, but it might have been a different website.

 

Another question for you ladies - how do you quote different posts at the same time?! I'm sorry for double posting all the time! 
 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

I am going to attempt an order tomorrow, I am pretty sure there is no duty. I went to the checkout with some items to see what they would add and without fully checking out they only added duty.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You have to be careful, they may not add duty on the site but you will have to pay duty on delivery..... that always makes me nervous.  It really is too bad about the shipping... I was so excited about the FREE canadian shipping lol that never happens!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

I am going to attempt an order tomorrow, I am pretty sure there is no duty. I went to the checkout with some items to see what they would add and without fully checking out they only added duty.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really apologize, I thought I had read all the find print. I did some searching last night for a similar Canadian site. The closest I found was Well.ca but they don't have much to travel sized products. I think they have to let you know of all costs before you agree to purchase don't they? I didn't think they could add duty after I agreed to purchase.
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


You have to be careful, they may not add duty on the site but you will have to pay duty on delivery..... that always makes me nervous.  It really is too bad about the shipping... I was so excited about the FREE canadian shipping lol that never happens!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Not your fault!!!! Don't worry about it!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

I really apologize, I thought I had read all the find print. I did some searching last night for a similar Canadian site. The closest I found was Well.ca but they don't have much to travel sized products. I think they have to let you know of all costs before you agree to purchase don't they? I didn't think they could add duty after I agreed to purchase.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duty is not charged by the seller, but is charged by Canada Customs on items that were not manufactured in the US or Mexico (so if the seller in the US imported the item from somewhere else, you have to pay duty on it when it comes into Canada).

 

 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

I really apologize, I thought I had read all the find print. I did some searching last night for a similar Canadian site. The closest I found was Well.ca but they don't have much to travel sized products. I think they have to let you know of all costs before you agree to purchase don't they? I didn't think they could add duty after I agreed to purchase.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies! I too am out of control with the OOTs! :)


Here's what I've got so far (These are not done! this is only what I have purchased so far):

From Dollarama:

Jute bags

poly to go

bandaids

wipes

kleenex

travel advil

(i'm making my own first aid kits - opted to pick up the poly to go and make them myself rather than purchasing the first aid kits from the $ store)

From BBW:

mini candles (tropical)

hand sanitizer

shower gel (found some in island cotton scent, so beach, love it!)

From Avon:

lip balm

aloe

flip flop playing cards

 

For my girls, i'm adding some extras:

Flip flops

Bikini bags

Lip gloss

 

I still want to buy:

shout wipes

immodium

key/tip holder w/ lanyard or wrist coil

Program/week's activities

CD with songs from the week (a lot of bob marley and songs we will be using throughout)

 

Am contemplating:

underwater cameras

games

magazines

mugs

 

I'm also going to be buying the following to hand out wedding day:

rafia fans

sky lanterns

 

I also contemplated bubbles or sparklers but think it might be overkill! lol!

Maybe the kiddies will get bubbles in their bags, with some beach toys and coloring books.

 

Ok.. i think that's about it right now! I can't wait to put them together! I'll be doing a sample and will take pics, I want to see how they look :)

Thanks for your help ladies! I still have many months to go but just couldn't help myself! lol

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Hi Tori!

I read somewhere in this thread a while ago that one of the brides asked the pharmacist about pepto and immodium or pepto and advil/tylenol, I can't remember what it was but I know for sure pepto was involved, anyways, something about the interaction between the two and she was encouraged NOT to include both. So that being said, I found this link to research the interactions: http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/ maybe just check with a pharmacist?  I think the two are similar but don't do the exact same thing, pepto should help with heartburn, whereas i'm not sure that immodium does.

 

Sorry, I don't think I answered your question! lol

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

I have a question for everyone:

 

Does imodium and pepto essentially do the same thing or should I be putting BOTH in the OOT bags?!  



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Wow! I think you have all your bases covered! Great job! Where did you get your bikini bags? That is a great idea! I think I will hit BBW for the same stuff as you. I too am trying not to over do it.

 

I am having issues finding nice and cheap sewing kits, some at the dollar stores are too big! I am going to put them together myself with some cardstock like another DIY bride did.

I went to three different Michael's Stores and had no luck finding the sewing kits there.

Originally Posted by beachbum21 View Post

Hi ladies! I too am out of control with the OOTs! :)


Here's what I've got so far (These are not done! this is only what I have purchased so far):

From Dollarama:

Jute bags

poly to go

bandaids

wipes

kleenex

travel advil

(i'm making my own first aid kits - opted to pick up the poly to go and make them myself rather than purchasing the first aid kits from the $ store)

From BBW:

mini candles (tropical)

hand sanitizer

shower gel (found some in island cotton scent, so beach, love it!)

From Avon:

lip balm

aloe

flip flop playing cards

 

For my girls, i'm adding some extras:

Flip flops

Bikini bags

Lip gloss

 

I still want to buy:

shout wipes

immodium

key/tip holder w/ lanyard or wrist coil

Program/week's activities

CD with songs from the week (a lot of bob marley and songs we will be using throughout)

 

Am contemplating:

underwater cameras

games

magazines

mugs

 

I'm also going to be buying the following to hand out wedding day:

rafia fans

sky lanterns

 

I also contemplated bubbles or sparklers but think it might be overkill! lol!

Maybe the kiddies will get bubbles in their bags, with some beach toys and coloring books.

 

Ok.. i think that's about it right now! I can't wait to put them together! I'll be doing a sample and will take pics, I want to see how they look :)

Thanks for your help ladies! I still have many months to go but just couldn't help myself! lol

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have heard the same thing about pepto and immodium...I was told to use one of the either. I do know that if you take too much pepto it can give you what is called black tongue...where all your taste buds die and fall off...they do grow back...lol How do I know this? Because a few years ago I was sick with a cold and went to the dr. and she examined my mouth and exclaimed. I had a black tongue..lol..and mine was due to a virus but she did say people using antacids often get it! FIY.

 


 

Originally Posted by beachbum21 View Post



Hi Tori!

I read somewhere in this thread a while ago that one of the brides asked the pharmacist about pepto and immodium or pepto and advil/tylenol, I can't remember what it was but I know for sure pepto was involved, anyways, something about the interaction between the two and she was encouraged NOT to include both. So that being said, I found this link to research the interactions: http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/ maybe just check with a pharmacist?  I think the two are similar but don't do the exact same thing, pepto should help with heartburn, whereas i'm not sure that immodium does.

 

Sorry, I don't think I answered your question! lol



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×