• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

Hi! I need help converting an iTunes song to an MP3 so I can put it on my slideshow.
    I never learned how, but this is how you can put a song on your wedding website too!

Thanks!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

What song do you want? If I have the file I'll just e-mail it to you.

#3 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ErinB
        What song do you want? If I have the file I'll just e-mail it to you.
        I'm looking for "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessionals?

#4 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

You'd actually need an encoder to transfer the file to an mp3 format. I don't know if there's a free encoder around to download, but it would need to convert from AAC to mp3, not just .wav to .mp3 (which is what most encoders do)

#5 jenniebey

jenniebey
          • 842 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

So here is how I converted my music file to an mp3 for my website. It's a pain but it worked for me.

1. Burn the song you want to a CD. (you have to do this to get around the copyright settings).
            2. Change your import settings in itunes (i only know how to do this in itunes). Click on Edit in the top nav, then preferences. Then you'll want to click on the General tab. Click on Import Settings. In the drop down select MP3 Converter. Then click OK.
            3. Import your song from the CD. It should come in as an MP3. Then you can use the file as needed.

Good luck!

#6 drtracy

drtracy
            • 436 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

Just FYI - it differs depending on which version of itunes you have. My version of itunes (8.0) lets me right click a song and choose the option to convert to mp3. Very easy.

#7 jenniebey

jenniebey
              • 842 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

If you purchased your music from itunes, you still have to burn a CD and import it back in b/c of copyright restrictions. But if it's from a CD or you got it somewhere from Limewire or Kazaa it will work fine right clicking as you mentioned. I think you still have to change your import settings because the default format is ACC.

Hope you were able to get it to work, Kate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users