Sign in to follow this  
danielleamasia

Isla Mujeres Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielleamasia View Post
I got married in November on Isla Mujeres, off of Cancun. I figured I had such a successful experience with my destination wedding, that I could participate and possibly help discussions about the location and planning stages.

This forum seems to be a good start... thanks for having me!
Oh sweet merciful heaven, I LOVE YOU! lol..I'm getting married on Isla in May 2010 and I am SO going to pick your brain woman! In fact, I already have some questions....first being can you recommend a spot in town for our welcome dinner? Something casual but maybe with a great view? I've contacted Jax, but not sure if thats the way to go yet.

If you are considering Isla I have one piece of advice - DO IT!!! It was the luckiest best decision. You get the accessibility of Cancun with the remoteness of Isla.

I used Tiffany Lanier of Sunhorse Weddings -- tell her danielle and gino referred you if you end up going this route -- for the planning. They are on point with the details of the reception.

I used Ella Foto for the pictures. They are in the mid-range budget with stunning photos... here is the blog entry from our wedding: Danielle and Gino ~ 11.1.08 Welcome to the EllaFoto Blog!

We stayed at Casa Bonita. A private, very reasonably priced HUGE house with adjoining villas on the quiet side of the island. Here is a review I wrote on trip advisor - check out the pictures and the private dock.

Casa Bonita de Isla (Isla Mujeres) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor

(Here is a post I wrote below -- we can also talk on the phone or a chat... I love ISLA sooo much and would love to share my wealth of knowledge!)

If you are considering Isla I have one piece of advice - DO IT!!! It was the luckiest best decision. You get the accessibility of Cancun with the remoteness of Isla.

I used Tiffany Lanier of Sunhorse Weddings -- tell her danielle and gino referred you if you end up going this route -- for the planning. They are on point with the details of the reception.

I used Ella Foto for the pictures. They are in the mid-range budget with stunning photos... here is the blog entry from our wedding: Danielle and Gino ~ 11.1.08 Welcome to the EllaFoto Blog!

We stayed at Casa Bonita. A private, very reasonably priced HUGE house with adjoining villas on the quiet side of the island. Here is a review I wrote on trip advisor - check out the pictures and the private dock.

Casa Bonita de Isla (Isla Mujeres) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor

A blog post from our wedding: Danielle and Gino ~ 11.1.08 Welcome to the EllaFoto Blog!