i need some jewelry help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

hey ladies.
    i ordered my dress last weekend!!

very exciting. so now i am on the hunt for the perfect necklace & earings. i want a necklace with a little "meat", something kind of funky. i was hoping for your expert opinions on what i've found.

here's the dress:
    Click the image to open in full size.

here's the necklace i am loving:
    Etsy :: MarlaJDesigns :: ALLURING-Swarovski Crystals AB,Swarovski Crystal Pearls,Vintage Rhinestone Brooch Necklace

do you think it's too asymmetrical?
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#2 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

I love it. It's nice because it's something you can wear a lot after. My only concern is that it looks a little long. You may need to shorten the length, and you will lose the effect of the asymmetrical design.

#3 Bridget810

• 168 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

Oh my god, I love that dress! And that necklace! I agree with the above poster though--it may be too long (though honestly it's really hard to tell just by looking at photos). I like how it is asymmetrical though; I think it would look great with the dress. Could the Etsy seller make you a more "delicate" version of that necklace (shorter, with thinner chain & smaller pearls)?

#4 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

Ditto what everyone said above.. I love the necklace and the dress; they go together nicely. My only concern would also be about the legnth/size of the necklace.

#5 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the advice!!
            I'm starting to have fun planning this wedding now, instead of just being stressed. :)

I did some more peeking around, and here's what else I've found.
            Etsy :: PenelliBelle :: The Twinkle - Pearl Bridal Necklace
            Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#6 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:08 AM

wow that dress is GORGEOUS!!! Someone just posted a thread about an amazing website with bling costume jewelry.

WeddingSparkles.com - Quality Costume Wedding Jewelry and Bridal Gifts.

check it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users