Unique Ceremonies

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#61 mrs.timpone

• 312 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

wow thank you for getting this together! i've never heard of a hand ceremony but I started tearing up while reading it....this is a def must do at our wedding now! thanks!!!

#62 kingshead

• 33 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

We haven't finalized anything (still far away) but we're thinking of including a quick ukrainian (groom's background) and irish (my background) tradition as follows:

Officiant reads:
      "In Ukrainian tradition, the hands of the bride and groom are being joined with an embroidered cloth, or rushnyk, to signify their newly forged union. This symbolizes that their marriage is a never-ending journey that they now face together."

Bride and Groom remain bound together as NAME comes up to read the Irish Wedding blessing:

NAME reads:
      “May the road rise to meet you.
      May the wind be always at your back.
      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
      The rains fall soft upon the fields.

May the light of friendship guide your paths together.
      May the laughter of children grace the halls of your home.
      May the joy of living for one another trip a smile from your lips,
      A twinkle from your eye.

And when eternity beckons, at the end of a life heaped high with love,
      May the good Lord embrace you with the arms that have nurtured you the whole length of your joy-filled days.
      May the gracious God hold you both in the palm of His hands.

Here is how we think the ceremony will go (it seems like it will be long but it is actually quite short and sweet).

Memorial candle lighting
      Officiant Reading to replace OCAMPO’S LETTER
      Exchange of rings
      Ukrainian and Irish traditions
      Sand ceremony

Probably will be tweaked a few times but that's the gist! We love it.

#63 Erica&Rohan2011

• 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

WOW! I am so inspired by these inspirational ceremonies! Thanks so much to everyone for these ideas! Definitely a MUST-HAVE!

#64 Mrs.S2B

• 169 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

I've never heard of the hand ceremony, but I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for posting it....now I have to check with the FI and hope he loves it too!

#65 hermosahoops

• 199 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

I like the hand ceremony. Simple and sweet, plus you don't have to bring anything extra down with you! 

#66 skadow

• Banned
            • 1,853 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

COSMIC CEREMONY'S! =) Soooo Beautiful

One of the most beautiful ceremony's I saw was from a DEL SOL photo-shoot. You can view the slide show HERE.

I believe they are called, "Cosmic Ceremony's" or Mayan Weddings. I really wanted to have one ,but the fiance wasn't a big fan. We compromised and incorporated the Element of "All White Weddings"

Check you the photos hoot. Its amazing. Del Sol is one of my favorite photographers.

#67 Sjnovot

• 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

this is so helpful!

#68 shanbeth

• 37 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

Carolina24, question for you on the witness portion.  Seems like I read on here that you need to have like 2 or three songs to play while the witness portion of the ceremony because it takes up a lot of down time while everyone signs??  Is this only if you are doing a legal/religious ceremony do you know?  We are getting legally married in Mexico and I am working on my music and I thought I needed to have songs to play during the witness portion and also the sand portion??  Anybody know?

#69 CSandCK2

• 563 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

this is a fantastic thread, thanks so much for sharing!  I love the idea for the hand ceremony!

#70 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

I love the hand ceremony...especially cause I havn't seen it before - thx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users