Photo

Unique Ceremonies

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 loua4

loua4
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

Thanks for all the ideas. these are great!

#42 mnh1983

mnh1983
    • 743 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Would it be weird to have a sand ceremony if I'm not getting married at the beach?

#43 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
      • 997 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Not at all...a good friend of mine did one at her wedding in a park in Ontario. Do what you want and I think it basically replaces the unity candle which is such a lovely part of a ceremony! I believe people have moved towards sand when the wedding is held outside...that's my two cents :)

#44 Lolita29

Lolita29
        • 426 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Wow! Thanks! This really helped!!!

#45 JanineA

JanineA
          • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Thank you so much for this thread. I just asked Meagan (*Tucks*) what things I could do instead of the sand and unity candles ceremonies. I am glad I came on here and searched. I like the hand ceremony and the rose. I have already written the hand ceremony into our script since FI really really likes it but not sure about the rose ceremony just yet or whether I should only do one or the other and not both. Thanks Christine for sharing all of this info!

#46 StephyD

StephyD
            • 342 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for all those ideas!
              We definitely plan on doing the sand ceremony if we can find a frame that we like.

#47 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

i was thinking about doing the rose ceremony for the mothers...giving my mom one at the beginning and then FMIL at the end, what do you think??

#48 Stefany

Stefany
                • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christine
                  Hand Ceremony
                  I love these vows, especially the "These are the hands of your best friend" part because in the beginning he was my best friend and then my FI.
                  I'm so happy I can't wait to tell him. In our country we don't have such beautiful ceremonies - there are all the same, boring, with the same words

Our guests will be delighted!

#49 hat0112

hat0112
                  • 1,219 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

I am doing a rose ceremony, but to honor the mother's. The officiant will hand my FI and I a rose during the ceremony and say a little something, then we are going to give the roses to our moms.

We are going to do something like this:

Officiant:
                    "We open this ceremony with a symbolic gift of beauty and gratitude to the women who gave the bride and groom life---their mothers."

(I then give the roses to the bride and groom who then present them to their mothers with a hug and kiss. Sometimes, as they embrace I have heard a bride or groom whisper in their mother's ear , "I love you, Mom.")

"Mothers, it is in your honor that I offer this quote from Homer's Hymns: It is she who nourished you; she, out of her treasures. Beautiful children; beautiful harvests; are achieved from you, the giving of life itself.”
                    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#50 StephyD

StephyD
                    • 342 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

I think we will do the hands ceremony + the sand ceremony...

In what order should we do things?

Hands ceremony
                      I do's + Vows
                      Exchange of ring + kiss
                      Sand ceremony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users