Photo

Riu Santa Fe.... cakes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ripcat

ripcat
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

We received the list of the cakes they provide. So many choices!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what cake they went with and if they liked it or not. And if you have any photos of your cake.

Thanks

#2 mineaux

mineaux
    • 55 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ripcat
      We received the list of the cakes they provide. So many choices!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what cake they went with and if they liked it or not. And if you have any photos of your cake.

Thanks

Hi Ripcat
      Im an April bride as well, and have yet to be contacted with those kinds of details....hopefully Ericka gets on it soon!

How many cakes are there to choose from? Sounds yummy!

#3 ripcat

ripcat
      • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

There is so many...

Chocolate, Vanilla, Mocha, Strawberry, Carrot, Almond and more. Then there is the icing to choose from and then the filling and then how many tiers.... So many choices.

I would just email her and ask her for the list. She has been very good at sending me any info i have asked for!!!

#4 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

Its not something you have to do ahead of time. We picked our when we got there. And it tasted terrible. We did the terramouse. Nobody cared though, they were full and ready to go party.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#5 CarlySR

CarlySR
          • 67 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Oooooh! I have a long way until my Wedding but I didn't realize you had so many choices for cake!
            I love Carrot cake!!

Carly

#6 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
            • 151 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

We had the vanilla cake with white frosting and strawberry filling and it actually was very delicious. Something that I wish I would have done was bring little cake boxes for our guests to take a piece with them to their room for later, because even after everyone had gotten a piece of cake, there was a lot left over and I am sure they would have enjoyed a snack the next day.

#7 CarlySR

CarlySR
              • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

What a great idea! I never thought about taking cake boxes before!! Thanks April! Did you write a review yet on your Wedding? Any advice for brides to be at the Santa Fe?

Carly

#8 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

we got our cake boxes at Michales
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#9 cabobridey

cabobridey
                  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

We had vanilla cake... with vanilla icing. Plain, simple...and it was REALLY good! I asked Erika to NOT put on the little bride and groom... they were quite ugly (sorry my opinion). So i gave her some silk rose petals to put on top. She FORGOT!! So as we are sitting there at dinner I look over... and i see the cake with the plastic people on it. I had to think fast so I grabbed a couple of flowers from the table... walked over... picked up the bride and groom and tossed them under the cake table, replacing them with the flowers. LOL it was quite hilarious I'm sure... for anyone who witnessed that. Anywho... a little of track. The cake looked very pretty. I love simple, so thats what I asked for. Although it was plain and simple... the guests loved it!

#10 lgarner83

lgarner83
                    • 530 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

I love hearing about details like this!!! Good to know what kinds are good and what is definitely not! lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users