Riu Montego Bay (RMB) *Post wedding info and attachments*

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#131 iqtsarah

iqtsarah
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hi,

Which Travel agent did you use? Do you mind emailing me at iqtsarah@yahoo.com Thank you!-Sarah (Newbie)

Originally Posted by Jwed12 

Our travel agent suggested not really giving guests the option. Don't be pushy of course, but she suggested just saying, "The wedding will be held at Riu-Montego Bay. Here is the link to check out the accommodations." If you start having guests spread out in different hotels, you'll have so much more of a headache later.

-They'll have to get day passes.

-They won't have the all-inclusive meals and drinks

-If there is time between ceremony and reception, they won't have a room to go back to

-They will have to make travel arrangements to get there, and cabs can be very expensive.

Of course, it is always up to your guests where they want to stay, but having everyone at the same hotel would make your life a lot easier. Plus, then you can all enjoy each other's company at the pool or beach for the rest of the time you're there.

#132 melino

melino
    • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Have you gotten any recent information. I am looking for the same thing

#133 Jwed12

Jwed12
      • 251 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

I do! PM me your email, and I'll send it. :)

Originally Posted by MrsHamblett2012 

I to am thinking about having my DW at the RIU Montego Bay...This thread has been very helpful. The attachments (which i cant open yet) seem to be pretty dated...Does anyone have any current information on this resort?

#134 Jwed12

Jwed12
        • 251 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

We used a friend of the family as our travel agent. For the most part, you don't really need one as your planning everything, but I think it will definitely be helpful as our guests start to book their flights. If you want the group discount, you have to book as one large group. Our travel agent is going to take everyone's information, and then she'll book all at once. Sorry! Hope this helps. :)

Originally Posted by iqtsarah 

Hi,

Which Travel agent did you use? Do you mind emailing me at iqtsarah@yahoo.com Thank you!-Sarah (Newbie)

#135 jiggybride11

jiggybride11
          • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to view attachments also. please help

#136 jiggybride11

jiggybride11
            • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

I have been trying to view things on here forever. Hope it don't take long. Thank for the info

#137 jiggybride11

jiggybride11
              • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Same here

#138 Dave Girling

Dave Girling
                • 4 posts
                • Wedding Date:February 15, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Riu Montego bay

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

we are actually in the process pf planning  our wedding at  this resort as well.... problem we are having  is  figuring out which day  sunwing will be flying out of winnipeg  a year from now...   right now they only fly on wednesdays

#139 MsIslandBride

MsIslandBride
                • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hi everyone! I'm excited to say we finally picked Riu Montego Bay for our wedding! October 6, 2012. We are waiting for our confirmation. I have been reading everyone's postings for the last few months. This site is the best! Thank you. I do have a few questions. I thought planning a destination wedding would be much easier. Your answers would help me so much. 1) What day is the hotel's beach party? 2) What color are the chargers at the dinner at the steakhouse? 3) Under the free wedding package, how is the west beach location decorated? I know I will have so many more questions leading up to the wedding. Thank you!

#140 Leannet44

Leannet44
                  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for all your useful info on rmb, I am also considering this location and wondered if anyone who as recently got married there can tell me about there experience and do you have any upto date information about the wedding packages. Do you have to pay a vendor charge for an outside photographer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users