Photo

Passport Question????

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trayce2222

trayce2222
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

I read something about a passport has to be valid for 6 months from the date of travel (travelling in May 2009, but passport has to be valid until November 2009)......is this true?? Please help...if so, I need to inform my guests ASAP!

#2 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

I know expedia says you do unless you have a birth certificate and photo id accompanying your passport. They say that just in case something were to happen and you would end up being there and your passport expired and you needed to get a new one.

Although whenever you travel somewhere this site is a government site covering requirements in the world. Mexico

You do not have to have it valid 6 months after. That whole thing started when the new requirement started for passports and they were VERY behind on processing them. It was taking close to 6 months to process unless you paid the rush fee. Now, it's only taking 1-2months to get it. So don't worry about the being valid for 6 months after

#3 Cattie

Cattie
      • 594 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:45 AM

Are you asking if you have to have your passport for 6 months before you can travel? If so, I know last year I didn't have any problems, and I had only had my passport for 3ish months. Also, we just did my dad and brothers last week, they haven't even gotten them in the mail yet, and we're traveling in May.

When you apply for your passport they ask you when your travel dates are. I didn't see anything stating that it has to be valid for 6 months before date of travel. You would think when I put May in while filing out the paperwork online, it would have said something and it didn't.

If I'm not reading the question right, totally ignore what I just said!!

#4 trayce2222

trayce2222
        • 221 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jacilynda
          I know expedia says you do unless you have a birth certificate and photo id accompanying your passport. They say that just in case something were to happen and you would end up being there and your passport expired and you needed to get a new one.

Although whenever you travel somewhere this site is a government site covering requirements in the world. Mexico

You do not have to have it valid 6 months after. That whole thing started when the new requirement started for passports and they were VERY behind on processing them. It was taking close to 6 months to process unless you paid the rush fee. Now, it's only taking 1-2months to get it. So don't worry about the being valid for 6 months after

WHEW!!!! Thank you!!! I was starting to worry!

#5 super19

super19
          • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

It's not true. Last year, my fiance got his the day before we left for Mexico...long story.

Best wishes,
            Jen

#6 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Hmm good to know! I thought we did so already got it renewed...oh well I guess we can take that information off our website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users