Photo

Which bustle do I choose???

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

I have to go through the same decision myself soon!

Maybe these sites will help you out! (Or, maybe confuse even more :-))

Either way, they provide a detailed explanation of the various bustle options, with pics! Good luck!

WHY A BUSTLE?

Bustles

#12 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Tyler'sgirl, one more week til I get to wear it!!

#13 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Oh wow Kathy!!! I can't believe that! I just looked at your ticker-yayyy!

lolkitteh-Thanks so much for the sites!!

#14 WindyCityGirl

WindyCityGirl
        • Banned
        • 179 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hey Desiree, Your dress is stunning. My thoughts are that a french bustle b/c of the design of the back of your dress with the tie-back torso. I think that having the american bustle would be a "upward" point and when you already have a "downward" point w/the way the tie-back looks. With a french bustle I think that b/c it is tucked under it will give you a different look instead of two pointy angles. I hope my description is making sense. Good luck!

#15 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

yeah, it totally did Heather. I am probably going to do that one! =) thanks for the description

#16 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

$300 is way too much for simply doing a French bustle. I got a $400 quote that includes a major makeover on my dress plus the French bustle. Tylersgirl, send me a message if you are looking for a good tailor.

#17 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Okay..
                Number 1 - your dress is beautiful, it is such a special dress and I am so happy for you.

So on the bustle- I tend to think that a french would allow the designs to show best but with out seeing it in person I really don't know. The consultant the bridal shop mentioned that then the bottom of a dress is fuller, you need to make sure a french bustle is not making the butt area look bigger. So just take pictures from a coupld angles while the are holding it to make sure you can see what it looks like is my best advice.

#18 ultimateme143

ultimateme143
                • 70 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

First off let me say that I am in love with your dress. Congrats. Second I would deffinetly go with the french bustle. Its so elegant and will go beautifully with the look of your dress.

#19 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                  • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

Thanks everyone! I am going to try to take pics today when I try it on for my sister-I will tell the consultant to try the bustle both ways and then I will post them and y'all can help me decide =) Thanks, Desiree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users