Photo

Which bustle do I choose???

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

I need help. I just bought Maggie Sottero's Rhinna Royale today and I will need a bustle. I am trying to decide on either the American bustle or the French bustle. I don't have any pics of me in the dress, but here is the MS link: Rhianna Royale - by Maggie Sottero

From what the bridal attendant tried to show me the American is just picked up and sewed to the back of the dress. She said that the French is actually picked up and tucked under the dress somehow.

I don't know. I need help. Which bustle looks best or which one did you choose. Thanks ladies!!!

#2 missdanelle

missdanelle
    • 687 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

I just wanted to say that your dress is beautiful & I'm so glad you finally found the one!

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Thank you Danelle. You are too sweet! I am so glad too! I have been searching and searching. I got an at home reception dress too that i heart....Here is the link to it: Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections

#4 binzer

binzer
        • 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

I went to my dress fitting with my future MiL and a friend, and had the seamstress hold the bustle up both ways. We all liked the French Bustle better, and it was an easy decision. That being said, if I had decided without actually seeing it (based on bustles on other dresses, and what I thought it would look like in my mind's eye) I would've went the other way with it.

So basically, I would definitely recommend just going with a friend or two and making the decision in person. Every dress is going to hang differently when bustled, so it's hard for us to make the right recommendation without seeing it :)

#5 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
          • 698 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I don't have any suggestions on the bustle question, but I just wanted to let you know that your dress is the BOMB! I absolutely love it! Great choice.

#6 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

I have to agree. I would take your dress in for a fitting and have them hold it up and show you the difference. It's much easier to see what you will like.

#7 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

Oh my gosh your dresses are absolutly GORGEOUS!! I have no idea about the bussell, sorry, I never had one.

#8 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oooh, tough! I had the option of French bustle (which was gorgeous by the way!! Very elegant!) and a "regular" or American bustle as you call it. While I loved how the French bustle looked with my dress, at the end of the day, it was just too darn expensive. They wanted to charge me like $300 for the French bustle! The bustle I got done was only $60, so as much as I hate to say it...price was a big deciding factor for me.

Here's a picture of my dress with the regular bustle, maybe this will help you envision it. Definitely when you go for your fitting, ask them to pin all the different bustles for you and take pics!

Good luck!

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
                  • 127 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for posting this post! I am debating on the bustle too! I'm looking forward to what other brides have done.

#10 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                    • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions ladies! =) Y'all are the best! I will just have to see which one I like better when the dress comes in-not until the end of May-ughhh! Kathy-I hope the French doesn't cost me $300! By the way, your dress looks so pretty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users