Photo

What are you getting him for a wedding present?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#71 mandm

mandm
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

Mine wants a Movado... but I heard they are not that great? Anyone know?

I need something cool to get ingraved on it though.

Has anyone else had an engraving?

#72 SonyandRob2008

SonyandRob2008
    • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

I agree with you, Kelly, I am hesitant about the ipod thing, because even though he will appreciate it the day of, it will go out of style and eventually be archaic just like cassettes and video tapes are. Hmmm...I do like the compass idea, that is very sweet.

#73 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
        Has anyone else had an engraving?
        I LOVE the idea of getting something that can be engraved. David and I didn't do wedding gifts. It just wasn't that big of a deal to us. But as a surprise, I DID get his ring engraved. The saying I originally wanted was too long...so I ended up just saying "I love you" and our wedding date. He loved it and I'm really glad I did it. Even though it was simple, it means a lot to both of us. Every once in a while, I'll catch him taking his ring off and looking at it. . .which always makes me REALLY happy!! :-)

#74 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

I just bought James' ring and had "I love you more" engraved on it...oh and 8/3/07...that's all he's getting!

#75 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

I think we're just doing the ring engraving too. Then we're going to save up some a do our long awaited Alaskan cruise together the next summer.

#76 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Ooh! Alaskan cruise sounds fun! :-)

#77 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

I know, doesn't it? I've always wanted to go and I think it would be kinda romantic in a non beachy way - exactly opposite from our wedding!

#78 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

I got Jeff the B-Pics, and was planning a Tag Link Series watch until he changed his mind on his wedding band and ended up with a 7mm Platinum Tacori that was more expensive than the watch I was going to buy...I just didn't have that much money to do both, boohoo...So, I think the new watch will have to be an anniversary present. I bought him a Movado for Christmas 2 years ago tho, so he does have a nice watch.

#79 -Kate-

-Kate-
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

CALL FOR HELP!!!!

FI's favorite Tag watch is the 2005 (year - not model) Kirium. Tag doesn't carry them anymore. I'm super bad at searching online. Can someone find me a picture of what this looks like? I figure if I can't get him the one he wants, at least I can get him one that looks as close as possible.

#80 laura b

laura b
                    • 334 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:57 AM

Kate...
                      They look like this.
                      Click the image to open in full size.

A guy is selling his on eBay, but it's slightly used. $200. I'd imagine you don't want to buy a used one. Although this one on eBay is very nice and doesn't look used at all (but I can't tell if it's 2005)
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/....QQcmdZViewItem

Other than that, they're kinda hard to find online. Apparently they're pretty nice. Your FH has great taste! (but you knew that, of course, when he got down on one knee!)

Hope this helps.

Oh, and wait. This place is selling the same model, brand new. And they have 100% good reviews on eBay. It's like $1500.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/....QQcmdZViewItem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users