Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#4441 JackieLynn

JackieLynn
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

There is a company called Copycat Fashions located in New York. You upload photos or website links of the dress you want remade and they send you a quote in 24 hours or less. Very high quality remakes. 30 to 50% off original designer price. They do gowns, wedding dresses, blouses and skirts. http://www.copycatfashions.com  

#4442 Skygirl

Skygirl
    • 512 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

@alj thanks a lot for the info

Originally Posted by alj1118 

To Skygirl:

I must be missing something obvious---but I don't think my REPLY button is working or something. But--this is to your question above.  :)

I received my dress and I had sent the maker my measurements.  After reading the forum, I was worried the dress may run small.  To combat this I requested a corset back instead of a zipper...and I measured my height with my 5 inch heels.  That way if it was off slightly I could adjust with the corset and change out the height of my heels.  The fit of the dress seems pretty spot on.  It is a bit too long though (which is WAY better than too short). 

In all...my alterations will be:

• Minor at the bust
      • Adjust length
      • Bustle

I haven't received a quote for this but I'm guessing a couple hundred.  However, even if I'd purchased a dress from a store, chances are I'd at least have those alterations needed anyway.  So the fact that my dress was less that $200 totally helps.  I never found anything in the stores even for $1000 that I like as much as I love my replica dress. 

#4443 lnlmay2012

lnlmay2012
      • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hello everyone....this is my first post to the board (although I have been reading it forever! haha)....

Long story short, I am having a destination wedding this May in Jamaica.  After much research online and wanting to save some serious money I decided to order my dress online.  I had tried on several dresses in the bridal store to know what I liked.  I ended up ordering from Dressilyme and can't say enough about how pleased I am with the dress!  It came inside out and wrapped up tightly in a package (which I expected from my research) but overall was not too wrinkly.   I did do custom measurements and it came in pretty spot on.  I would definitely recommend going with the custom measurements because normally I wear a size 6 and based on my measurements I was closer to a 10 but still would have needed major alterations here and there. The dress is a little big in my natural waist area but I am curvy so that will be no biggie to have taken in.  The quality of the dress is impressive.  Now, I will say I never did try on dresses that were thousands of dollars but did look at many moderatley expensive gowns and I would say in comparison, this is just as nicely made.  It took about 4-5 weeks to get the dress....which I thought was very quick.

Just wanted to share my experience.  If I can figure out how to post pictures I will....I took some yesterday with my cell phone.  This is a link to the dress I got... http://www.dressilym...d-9822/#reviews

#4444 Skygirl

Skygirl
        • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

@inlamay. Im so happy to hear that you had great experience with them and loved the dress. cant wait to see the pictures, how does the beading looks?can u email me at marina01960@yahoo.com tnx

Attached Files

#4445 erinmc

erinmc
          • 284 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

sala.jpeg.png

I have been to about 6 bridal shop and tried on a lot of dress's, I can't find this one anywhere!!! I called all over the state I live in with no luck!! One shop said they can order it for $200. Every dress I try on I keep comparing to this on even though I didn't try it on. I am very tempted to just order it from Jasmine's and hope for the best. UGH!!! I don't know what to do.

Attached Files

#4446 erinmc

erinmc
            • 284 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Glad to hear you had a great experience!!! The dress is beautiful!!

Originally Posted by lnlmay2012 

Hello everyone....this is my first post to the board (although I have been reading it forever! haha)....

Long story short, I am having a destination wedding this May in Jamaica.  After much research online and wanting to save some serious money I decided to order my dress online.  I had tried on several dresses in the bridal store to know what I liked.  I ended up ordering from Dressilyme and can't say enough about how pleased I am with the dress!  It came inside out and wrapped up tightly in a package (which I expected from my research) but overall was not too wrinkly.   I did do custom measurements and it came in pretty spot on.  I would definitely recommend going with the custom measurements because normally I wear a size 6 and based on my measurements I was closer to a 10 but still would have needed major alterations here and there. The dress is a little big in my natural waist area but I am curvy so that will be no biggie to have taken in.  The quality of the dress is impressive.  Now, I will say I never did try on dresses that were thousands of dollars but did look at many moderatley expensive gowns and I would say in comparison, this is just as nicely made.  It took about 4-5 weeks to get the dress....which I thought was very quick.

Just wanted to share my experience.  If I can figure out how to post pictures I will....I took some yesterday with my cell phone.  This is a link to the dress I got... http://www.dressilym...d-9822/#reviews

#4447 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

@erinmc, did u use phtoshop to draw arrows on the dress picture?

#4448 Skygirl

Skygirl
                • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Sorry for the long post, but i need ur advice. dress #1 allure that i tried the other day is the "dress"100$ im refusing to change my mind. It looks a bit plane no blink, so i tried it with a little bling belt and loved it, well the belt was $450, but i will find something for less(suggestions are welcome)   What do you think if i get this dress but the cut area is more like dress #2 Mikaila. And i kind of want some bling... what kind of bling i can do?so it doesnt look plane, maybe some on the chest breast area going around?or will it bee too much?and will i be better off asking them to put some crystals kind of like the belt i have on when they make a dress?or should i be on the safer side and buy a belt separetely and hace seamstress in the USA do it? Thank you so much!

1) Allure dress

#4449 Skygirl

Skygirl
                  • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

I need you advice/suggestions

I tried on dress #1 and loved it, hopefully wont change my mind. It is a little bit on more of a plane side and no blink. I tried it with a belt and loved it(well belt was $450)i will sure find something for less. i also may want some blink around the breast area, maybe beading around?what can i get?and for the belt, the one that i tried with swarowski crustals looks like the one they stitched on top, jus the crystals..not sure. So will i be better off buying a belt separetly and have seamstress in usa do it, or have chini dressmaker put some bling there?i also wanted to have them chagne the shape around chest a bit.

#1 Allure

#4450 Skygirl

Skygirl
                    • 512 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users