Sign in to follow this  
Martha

Riu Palace Riviera Maya vs. Palace Mexico

It's a toss up between these two.

If you are staying at one of these, why did you pick this one and not the other?

Pics? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks so much guys!

Hi Martha, surprise it's me again! Okay, when I read your question I really had to think about it. The funny thing is I don't really know. I guess it was the pics - the Riu Palace Riviera Maya just really jumped out to us as where we want to be. Plus it's new which was attractive to us. However, they're both stay at 1 play at 6, so no matter which you chose you can freely go back and forth between the two. I've never been though so I can't really provide any firsthand knowledge.

Are you stalking me? JUST KIDDING!

We are leaning more towards to RPRM. I just want pictures of some weddings there. Do you know where I can find any?

Man as a stalker I must suck! Aren't you not supposed to know I'm following you aroundhuh.gif

Anyways here's some pics I have downloaded from another thread. Hope it helps!

Click the image to open in full size.

I would look at the Trip Advisor photos for the Palace Mexico too... there are two weddings shown. The first one... IS NOT WHAT I WOULD EVER WANT! It's set up RIGHT on the beach with all of the lounge chairs! it's "interesting". The second set isn't as bad, but I think the Riu Palace Mayan Riviera looked nicer. Just, of course, based off of those photos!

I agree, that beach chair was way too close to the bride and groom for my liking. With the Riu Palace Mexico I believe you get the choice of on the beach, a gazebo, or in a small cathedral type building (max 25 or something). At the Riu Palace Riviera Maya there is only the gazebo as far as I know. It worked for us b/c that's what we wanted, but if you prefer one of the other options you may want to consider the RPM