• 279 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

We are doing it after

#32 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

I just called the resort and found out can do the legal part when we get home. Thats what I am going to do. This way I get to say my vows in mexico for the first time.

#33 carmen339

carmen339
    • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

I am so happy I found this thread. I was so confused. Did not know what to decide on but we are going to stick to getting the legal ceremony out of the way before we go and the changing of the names after we get back. I believe it would be a less hassle and honestly, all those documents you need to make sure you have and the bloodwork that is required, is a little too much. Something less to take care of. The legal ceremony will be very minimal. We are treating the legal ceremony before as a legal requirement only and the ceremony in Playa will be the real deal.

#34 calchik

calchik
      • 166 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

we're doing ours legally before our mexico trip. pretty much just to sign the paper with whatever standard ceremony comes with it. we're not saying our own written vows then, we'll save that for our mexico wedding. then we're changing our names after the honeymoon.

#35 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Just got back from the county clerk office and we got our marriage license :) YAY! We are having the legal ceremony performed exactly one month (on April 8th) before our symbolic ceremony in Mexico - so fun!

Also a new rule as of 2009 you need to tell them when you get your license if you are planning to change your name. You dont need to actually do all the name change thing but you need to inform them that at one point you will. PS not sure if this is just a California thing

#36 Jena0609

Jena0609
          • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I am so confused. I am from New Mexico and I spoke to the County Clerks Office and they said that I just had to provide my marriage certificate from Mexico, and that was it, we would be legally married in the U.S. Are there any brides from New Mexico that can confirm this?
            Mexico Wedding Cancelled!

#37 BLUSH*

BLUSH*
            • 34 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Great info. That's a question I was just wondering about. Should we do everything before or after our Mexico wedding? I think I'll do it after if I'm allowed,,,,so I can change my name all at the same time.

#38 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
              • 303 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

if you do a symbolic ceremony, do u know if they still consider u "honeymooners" after the wedding in mexico? im not sure what we are doing. i think its going to be a hassle to try and get everything legal in mexico so i am leaning towards getting legally married when we get back... but then what date do u celebrate as ur anniversary? lol

#39 BirminghamBride2010

BirminghamBride2010
                • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

We are going to go the courthouse the day before to have it legally done. And have a spiritual ceremony there on the beach. I think it will be kinda fun already being married and no one else know it...plus nothing will take away from the first time he sees you in your dress, the way you look into each other's eyes, the heart-felt vows you will recite to each other...you wont even remember you were already married....it will still be special

#40 BirminghamBride2010

BirminghamBride2010
                  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

We are going to go the courthouse the day before to have it legally done. And have a spiritual ceremony there on the beach. I think it will be kinda fun already being married and no one else know it...plus nothing will take away from the first time he sees you in your dress, the way you look into each other's eyes, the heart-felt vows you will recite to each other...you wont even remember you were already married....it will still be special

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users