Photo

Playa Fiesta Weddings

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

#481 sabbott

sabbott
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

I STILL cannot decide on music for the cocktail hour at the wedding... (since we are doing our ceremony at a Church off-site we wont have the ceremony music to carry over to the cocktail hour.) Did anyone use one of the live music options besides the Mariachis for the cocktail reception?? [I apologize in advance if someone mentioned it earlier in the thread- I looked and tried not to dupe topics]

#482 Mel&B

Mel&B
    • 613 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sabbott
      I STILL cannot decide on music for the cocktail hour at the wedding... (since we are doing our ceremony at a Church off-site we wont have the ceremony music to carry over to the cocktail hour.) Did anyone use one of the live music options besides the Mariachis for the cocktail reception?? [I apologize in advance if someone mentioned it earlier in the thread- I looked and tried not to dupe topics]
      Sara, I want to say that ~Kate~ did something different, like a 3 piece trio. I just checked her review, and it didn't mention it, though. Maybe you could PM her? I don't think she checks this thread anymore. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I do remember something about someone using the 3 piece trio.

If Kate doesn't have any info for you, I'd go with whatever Blair or Lindsay recommends.

Kate B, do you remember what Kate L did for music?

#483 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

I thought I remember someone using the trio or samba music and really liking it. I think that could be very cool!

#484 mlabbe

mlabbe
        • 784 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

Welcome and congrats Vanessa! I'm glad that I can help!

Sorry if I've been MIA, the legal ceremony is in two days and I've been running around like crazy!!!

#485 sabbott

sabbott
          • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

Thanks, Mel and Kate! Unfortunately, Lindsay and Blaire recommend mariachis for the cocktail hour...I'll let you know what I decide, but thanks for the input.

#486 Mel&B

Mel&B
            • 613 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sabbott
              Thanks, Mel and Kate! Unfortunately, Lindsay and Blaire recommend mariachis for the cocktail hour...I'll let you know what I decide, but thanks for the input.
              Good luck with your decision! I had them and they were great. They also look really cool in your wedding pictures!

#487 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mlabbe
                Welcome and congrats Vanessa! I'm glad that I can help!

Sorry if I've been MIA, the legal ceremony is in two days and I've been running around like crazy!!!
                Oh good luck!!!!!

And I had the mariachis for our wedding and loved them too:)

#488 vanessa81

vanessa81
                • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

I agree - I absolutely love how the mariachis look in the pics! My mom has requested them for the reception hour so we're certainly looking forward to it!

#489 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Ok so I know that Lindsay and Blaire are the best WCs in the world... but I am going to Playa Fiesta in the morning and was wondering if you girls needed anything?

#490 Mel&B

Mel&B
                    • 613 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kate.com
                      Ok so I know that Lindsay and Blaire are the best WCs in the world... but I am going to Playa Fiesta in the morning and was wondering if you girls needed anything?
                      Have so much fun!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users