Sign in to follow this  
*Heather*

Which is better...gmail or hotmail?

I'm a Gmail - er as well. For all the reasons that Casey posted above. I just set my dad's new email up in gmail so he can chat with me and my sis when we are on if he wants. :)

The labeling is the best feature!

I'm going to get a g-mail account too!! I had no idea it was so great!! Thanks ladies!! (and heather for asking the question!)

Only problem now is that I will have 3 email accounts!! I have hotmail for my everyday, yahoo for my junk (if I sign up for anything), and now the gmail! As if I need an excuse to spend more time on the internet!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
Yeah I have three now too...my work email, my hotmail, and now gmail (which I guess I can't really use yet). I love email though so whatevs!
I forgot about work! I guess I have 4 then!! But I use work for work stuff only so I guess it really doesn't count!!

I love gmail too! I know there is a way to forward your email that goes to your old email address to your new one - I set it up a long time ago. That way you don't have to have 5 different emails but you are still getting all your mail! Wonder if I can figure out how to do it again...........

Jeez, I have so many emails that I can't keep up with them...

1 hotmail from when I was a teenager, it's mostly junk now

1 hotmail with my new name

1 yahoo with my old name

1 yahoo with my new name

1 gmail (since yesterday!) with my new name

1 hotmail that I created for wedding stuff only

1 work account - I use this for mostly everything

And that's all I can remember for now!

To forward your mail from other e-mail addresses, all you have to do is go to Settings at the top right of your gmail, then click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP. This is where you type in your other e-mail addresses... You can also set up folders from them to be put in directly... So you can have your personal, orders, old, new, work, whatever folders and all your e-mail in one spot... Genius!