Photo

Hostess Gifts - Please HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Hi girls! Long story short...my only family left is my Uncle. That being said, my best friend and her mom wanted to throw us an engagement party b/c that is what the "family" of the bride does (according to her). She is like a mom to me and my best friend is like my sister. I love them both dearly and we are so grateful they have been so kind and generous to throw us an engagment party for about 75 guests at a wine bar here in Dallas. I'm struggling with what to give them as a gift for hosting the party. What did you give or what ideas do you have as a gift? My only thought is getting a really nice crystal frame (Mikasa/Waterford) and put an engagement photo inside. I'm just not sure if that would be the only thing I would give them....Thanks girls for all your help!!
    Mandy

#2 IndianBride

IndianBride
    • 176 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:13 AM

A day at the spa :)

#3 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
      • 111 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Are they going to be going to be attending your wedding? If they are I would recommend getting a gift certificate to the spa for them. I bought massages for the 3 ladies who are throwing me a shower next weekend and it was very easy. I just contacted the spa director at the CasaMagna Cancun and they got my credit card number and sent me gift certificates via email. Just a thought. I like the frame idea also.

#4 Goldstein to Be

Goldstein to Be
        • 160 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Are they coming to wedding? Maybe you could do a spa day during the wedding trip or an excursion. Something where you could give them a memory too.

#5 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
          • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Yes, they are both coming to the wedding so the gift certificates for the massage would be a great idea! Thanks girls! Now I just have to find out who the contact is at the resort but that's what my wedding coordinator is for, right? ;-) Thanks again!!
            Mandy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users