Photo

So I went to Sephora Last Night for a Makeup Consultation....

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Yup...your eyes are def too dark. I like the lip color though! Nice & natural!
    And what did she use on your skin?? You look pale - not like a person that has been tanning!! (How is the tanning going by the way?? Still problems??)

#22 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Amanda - haha thanks for agreeing with me and the other ladies. She went overboard on the eyes!! The lip color used was Chelsea Girls by NARS.

Haha I only look pale because of that crappy cell-phone camera, if you look at my final fitting thread, you can see how tan I really am. She didn't use anything on my skin because she said she didn't need to. She complimented my skin when I first got there and asked me if I was already wearing foundation etc because it looked so clear. I will probably still wear a bit of powder/bronzer on my wedding day though.

Tanning is going great! I haven't broken out in to a rash since I switched from lay-down beds to stand-up, so I'm thinking that it must have been the solution they used to clean they lay-down beds that was irritating my skin, weird eh?

#23 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

double post

#24 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

So...just a little update, I tried to do my own version of a smoky eye, the pics aren't the greatest quality as they were taken with my cell camera (I really need an actual camera lol!). Let me know what you think!

Click the image to open in full size. My hair is awful here lol..

Click the image to open in full size. not a very good pic of me either...oh well, please excuse my candy cane PJ pants lol

#25 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

Much better than the Sephora look. I think you did a great job. Should be great for the wedding day!

#26 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

I think what you did looks better than the Sephora girls' look. Smoky eyes are definitely a fine balance.. you want it dark enough to show up in pics, but light enough so you don't look "overdone".. especially on the beach :)

#27 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for the opinions and compliments ladies! I usually think I suck at doing my own makeup, I guess I'm not so bad after all! I will probably do it this way for the wedding...I'm hoping to get a good camera soon so I will take better pics in the very near future!

#28 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

Much better! Well done Kathy!! You're going to be a stunning bride! Your DH won't know what to do with himself (or you!!).

#29 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hehe thanks Amanda...and I sure hope so! FI told me that my makeup looks 100% more awesome in person than these photos in post #24, so if you girls like it from these crappy pics then it MUST be good in person haha. Thanks again for all your input girls!!!

#30 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                    • 5,649 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:56 AM

So there's another one from today for Amanda, or anyone else who's curious lol

Click the image to open in full size.

I did this one all with black pencil liner, yay or nay?

P.S. I don't know why it's so freakin huge I re-sized it and everything lol weird

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users