So I went to Sephora Last Night for a Makeup Consultation....
Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:17 PM
She used way too much eyeliner not to mention liquidliner at that (which I never ever wear). I looked like I had two black eyes, I didn't even recognize myself. It all looked really pretty before she lined my eyes. Sorry, just wanted to vent. I will add a pic of it later when I get home so you can all see what I'm talking about.
I just want to know how you would do your makeup if you were me? My pic is in my signature and I'm wearing very minimal makeup in that pic.
I spent $170 there on makeup lastnight (didn't buy eyeliner, thank god lol) so I will be using the shadow and blush she recommended but yeah, wtf at that eyeliner.
I'm just so frustrated, I have to do my own makeup for the wedding and I wanted it to be perfect...
Here is a pic of me when I did my own makeup the last time I was in Mexico...thoughts?
(I'm on the right)
Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:46 PM
In any case I'm sure you will be beautiful no matter what!! Good Luck hun!!
Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:50 PM
Maybe if you have a friend that is good at makeup they can help? I think staying natural is definitely the way to go though! Good luck
Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:53 PM
I would have someone coming down do it for me but the only girls that could even come close to doing it for me (and I'm being generous here) are my two sisters who can't even do their own makeup and my mom (who has very different tastes than I do). It's a very small wedding, only 16 adults including FH and I. I don't have a lot of options and I heard that they MUA at the Iberostar is less than ideal (and I'm very picky critical, so I'd probably just end up spazzing anyway lol). Yeah, she did make me look like a $2 hooker last night, it was awful!! lol I plan on doing my makeup at my desk today (since my final fitting is tonight right after work and I wanted to see how it would look with the dress on...) during my lunch lol. I think I'm going to do it a lot differently but still use the same colors and NO liquid liner! lol I'm having pics taken at the fitting tonight so I'll post them later for you girls!
Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:54 PM
Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:12 PM
I have a few tips for you (IMO!)....
1. If you have a bronzer, use one - mostly on the cheeks, but a light dusty all over too. It gives you a nice sunkissed glow (which you'll have a lot of anyway with a DW!!)
2. Try not to use the sparkly/shimmery eyeshadows - the camera will really grab the shimmer & your eyes will look like they are glowing (not in a good way!)
3. Try out your makeup when you get there. Do your makeup a day or two before your wedding (around the same time as your wedding) & take pics. That way you can see what your makeup looks like in that lighting - then you can make adjustments accordingly.
4. Don't shy away from eyeliner all together - I agree...stay away from liquid if you are not used to it, but you will need liner (go with a brown or dark grey if you are not comfortable with black) & mascara (waterproof for all those happy tears!!) to make your eyes pop!
5. And last, but certainly not least, lips! For your skin tone and for the natural look you are looking for, I suggest something in a pale pink or light brownish (like this... http://rookery1.plim....c7_550x900.jpg) & then top it off with a nice "kissable" gloss!!
If you want help, or want to post pics for opinions let me know!! I'm married with no planning to do now so I'm more than happy to help!!
Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:35 PM
Also, I did the same thing a while ago but got it done at MAC and felt like a total clownish prostitute! I'm going to try a few other counters and hope I find one that doesn't make me look like so horrible. Then maybe taking a picture and having my best friend (who is good with those things) do my actual make up the day of.
Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:51 PM
I do like BachataBride's tips though
Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:57 PM
Yeah, Amanda has some great tips! The blush I bought practically looks like a bronzer to me, it's bareMinerals face color in "warm radiance". I've never used bronzer before, so I'm kind of scared. I asked for waterproof mascara and the lady gave me Tarte mascara (some kind of 4-in-1) and it wasn't even the waterproof version of it! The wand looks like it would make my lashes clump too, so I think I'm going to return it and get my favorite mascara - Lancome Definicils or Lancome L'extreme in waterproof.
Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:12 PM
Amanda, those tips are much appreciated! She had me using a light shimmery gold on the lids, darker orangey shimmery gold in the outside corners, and a deep shimmery pink in the crease. I felt really overdone and shimmery! It wasn't terrible but didn't scream beach to me. I looked through my old MAC stuff and found a soft pink - no shimmer - that I think i'll go with. I have a black liner pencil, waterproof black mascara, pink blush, and a light pink gloss.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users