Photo

The do's and the dont's

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

I am having a small wedding of about 30 people, and the ceremony is only goint to be 20 minutes, tops with only a BM and MoH. I was going to skip the program, but FH thought it was necessary.

After I started putting it together, while I still dont' think it's 100% necessary, I now agree with him that it will be useful. One thing he pointed out that not everyone will know who the BM and MoH are, and it's nice to acknowledge them in the program. Also, in addition to the ceremony, I added the schedule for the day (event timeline, if you will) so guests can use it as a quick reference.

Mine is also a very simple, one-page deal, and I'm going to use Vistaprint to get it printed on a glossy card, no paper booklet. I copied this concept for my program: The Wedding Program Item # 2WDA49476P - Invitations and Announcements by Invitation Consultants.

#12 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
    • 358 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

Yah I will def doa timeline... so heres another question how many of you are doing favors and oot bags? And if you are juts doing oot bags do you think your guests will still expect a favor?

#13 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

We are doing both OOT bags and favors. We decided to use maracas for the favors as we thought they would be fun at the reception.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#14 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
        • 358 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:39 AM

I think for my programs I am gonna borrow anothers idea and attach them to my raffia fans, I dont have a long list of people in my bridal party just 2 so I dont need to much room.............. Those look really nice from the site you showed, should be really easy to redo it to fit you

#15 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
          • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

We aren't doing OOT bags since our wedding is in Vegas, and people would be staying all over the place and arriving/departing at different times. If I was going to a resort where I knew exactly when/where people were staying, I'd consider it.

We are doing nice favors though - something vegas themed, like chips or playing cards, plus a nice bottle of wine (with advil to go with it!)

If I *was* doing an OOT bag, I'd probably still do a small favor. They look nice on the table, and somehow I think guests would still expect one.

#16 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
            • 358 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

Thats really nice... yah this resort thing is sometime more complicated that I thought it would be!

#17 *tanga*

*tanga*
              • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

I think I am having a small wedding (it isn't till next year so I havent really started planning yet) and will hopefully only be having 20 or so people (mostly family). I think I will do programs and an itinerary as wherever we choose our destination wedding venue, most of the guests will not have been there.

I like the idea of a program and itinerary as it would be another keepsake from the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users