• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#111 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:12 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
    I think these look so nice! I'm thinking about using the hole punch on the jacket as well. How did you attach the green paper on the back so that it would show through the hole?
    Err... I just used glue ! I glued it inside of the jacket. I cut it a little bit smaller than the jacket.

#112 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

you did an amazing job!!!!

#113 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
      • 393 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ayita
        Err... I just used glue ! I glued it inside of the jacket. I cut it a little bit smaller than the jacket.

Ha! Thanks! I know that sounded like a dumb question.... I was just thinking of using colored printer paper for that part of it but thought the glue might show through lumpy. Maybe cardstock would be better. Did you use cardstock for the green paper?

Also, my colors are brown and turquoise. I have created a jacket with turquoise fonts and designs. It looks great on white! But I don't think it will show up on brown. Did you happen to try any other colors on the brown paper, besides black? Just wondering if it didn't show up. Sorry for all of the questions! I just love the way yours turned out!

#114 kimberly 1987

kimberly 1987
        • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

Very nice invites.

#115 Ayita

Ayita
          • 861 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
            Ha! Thanks! I know that sounded like a dumb question.... I was just thinking of using colored printer paper for that part of it but thought the glue might show through lumpy. Maybe cardstock would be better. Did you use cardstock for the green paper?

Also, my colors are brown and turquoise. I have created a jacket with turquoise fonts and designs. It looks great on white! But I don't think it will show up on brown. Did you happen to try any other colors on the brown paper, besides black? Just wondering if it didn't show up. Sorry for all of the questions! I just love the way yours turned out!
            Ha now I understand your question !

I used a glue roll-on like this one :

StaplesĀ® Roll-On Permanent Glue Tape | StaplesĀ®

it's all flat so there's no lump !

For the jacket, I had the same issue. Mine was written in purple, and when I printed it (originally on orange) I realized well, the color would not show. So I left it as it was, I thought it was OK. If you want turquoise, yeah you will have to use white.

For the green paper, I actually use a translucent, shiny paper. I wanted something a little festive. Originally, I looked for something grass-like or leaves-like, I even tried felt, lol ! Then I found this paper (at Michaels or at Hobby Lobby), and I just thought it was perfect. The also had some copper colored, shiny too, that were really nice. It was actually pretty thin. I think it was velum. Maybe. Hum.

You can try there for a lot of colors :

Metallic Speckled Vellum Paper - Paperandmore.com

Pearlescent Metallic Paper, Text Weight, 25 Colors - Paperandmore.com

They also have metallic cardstock if you prefer cardstock.

#116 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
            • 438 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

You did a great job! They look so good!
              *Katie*

#117 thope

thope
              • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Hi Megan, where did you get your logo..I love it!

#118 terri1225

terri1225
                • 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

Wow everyting looks great
                  52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

#119 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                  • 443 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

These are incredible! I am def. going to use these! Thanks for sharing!

#120 echo2_62

echo2_62
                    • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

I love your invites!! I was also wanting to use a palm tree punch for the front of mine but I can't find one anywhere yet! If there is anyone who's also used a large size one for their invites or std's that would be willing to sell it, please message me! I need one ASAP My own fault for leaving it too long and thinking I'd be able to find one easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users