Photo

My OOT bags!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 monkey

monkey
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

I am back from Nassau and wanted to share my OOT bags since I used so many ideas from everyone else on this board. I wanted gable boxes but couldn't find plain white ones on time so I ended up using plain white paper bags with turquoise tissue paper. Since we weren't at an all inclusive I didn't need cozies or mugs but I did think in room snacks were important. We packed everything in ziplock bags so they were easy to put together down there (I am addicted to ziplocks). We added water once we got down there (our hotel ordered it in for us). (I hope I am posting pics correctly - if not let me know!)

http://s434.photobuc......os/OOT bags/

#2 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
    • 445 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Those are great! How much water did your hotel bring in for you? I know there is a Sam's in Cancun close to our hotel and I was thinking of renting a car or seeing if our hotel would shuttle us there for snacks and water, primarily a lot of water. Can you list all the items in your OOT bags. I can make out some of them but not all.

Also, Did you make your own recovery kits or buy them somewhere?
      Thanks for the photos!

#3 monkey

monkey
      • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

I made the recovery kits - I bought the envelopes/packets from Target (I think they were $12 for 25). I asked the hotel to bring in 2 cases of 24 of water so each bag got 2 bottles of water.

We had a lot of rooms of just guys and just girls, so each kit changed a bit, but here is the basic list:
        Ritz bites
        Peanuts
        gum and/or certs (if they were smokers I gave them both)
        Downy wrinkle release
        blow up travel pillow
        tissues
        chocolate bar
        sugar free candies (I only bought these because after xmas the drug store was selling them for 20 cents a piece)
        Flopping love fish - saw these by another poster and ended up finding them at Pier 1 for .25 cents
        Lancome juicy tubes or lipstick- I actually won about 30 of these a year ago so thought I would share the wealth
        Body lotion from Bath and Body works (Cotton I think - light and tropical)

Recovery kits:
        Shout wipes
        Pepto bismal
        Gravol (great for hang overs)
        Advil
        Breath strips
        Nail polish remover wipes
        bandaids

#4 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
        • 698 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

#5 Tamster808

Tamster808
          • 193 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for sharing. I am doing the same thing, white bags with tourquoise tissue paper.

#6 SAM

SAM
            • 542 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

I love the recovery kits.

#7 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
              • 128 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

GREAT IDEA~ I don't know how I would have planned my wedding without all these great ideas!

#8 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
                • 856 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Very nice!!

#9 merocket59

merocket59
                  • 937 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Those came out really cute... where did you find the mini downy wrinkle releaser? I have never seen them that small.

#10 monkey

monkey
                    • 49 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

The Downy Wrinkle release may be one of the few things Canadians have that the US doesn't - I found them at Zellers for less than a dollar each.

I am glad I only had a few weeks to plan my wedding - these bags can get out of hand once you start keeping your eyes open for stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users