SammyAnna
    • 160 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the info!

#945 momgowdy

momgowdy
      • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Has anyone had trouble getting the drugs to give to everyone (like the Hangover kits) through customs?  Our WC told us that you can bring in drugs for yourself, but not for anyone else AND they even consider lip balm and sunscreen drugs.

#946 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
        • 160 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Wow I never even considered that! Very useful to know if any others had problems at customs

#947 jenn4285

jenn4285
          • 159 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Omg, where is that ? That's scary .... to think we go through all this trouble then cannot take it with us.

#948 KDoyle

KDoyle
            • 218 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by momgowdy 

Has anyone had trouble getting the drugs to give to everyone (like the Hangover kits) through customs?  Our WC told us that you can bring in drugs for yourself, but not for anyone else AND they even consider lip balm and sunscreen drugs.

Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

Wow I never even considered that! Very useful to know if any others had problems at customs

Originally Posted by jenn4285 

Omg, where is that ? That's scary .... to think we go through all this trouble then cannot take it with us.

I was married 3 weeks ago and brought an entire suitcase of OOT bag stuff including the 3 different kits for each bag - including Hangover, with Advil, lip balm, alkaseltzer, pepto, emergen-c, you name it, we had it included in the kits.... and we had zero problems. (We did do up all of our bags before hand) You do not need to let anyone know you are bringing it in, there is nothing to fill out or explain... it wasn't for resale (and you could tell it was a gift to our guests)  and there's no hiding it cause it literally took up the entire suitcase lol...it was enough stuff for 38 guests. (about 25 bags). I wouldn't concern yourself too much with it, seriously. 

Make sure you do up your kits before you go though, one it's easier on you so its not time way from your vacay and because you can tell its not for resale and its your guests gift -so nothing to decalre or be concerned about there. 

#949 momgowdy

momgowdy
              • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Great to know!  Did you declare this on your customs forms and did they check your bags or did you get a green light to go through without them seeing it?

#950 momgowdy

momgowdy
                • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

I guess I need to clarify that this is for weddings in Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users