Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#631 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

hey US brides - just found a killer deal on waterproof wallets. the Kiwk Tek Dry Pak alligator wallet is $4.69 on amazon.com with free shipping on orders over $25. I don't even know who's coming to our wedding, and I've already ordered 6! : )

http://www.amazon.co...13593375&sr=8-1

#632 amanda2286

amanda2286
    • 162 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

thanks for the advice, good to know!

#633 hdinsmor

hdinsmor
      • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

This information is SOOO helpful!!  Thanks for sharing.  I am doing this!  :)

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Anthony'sGirl
        I found a bunch of travel mugs at the dollar store and was thinking of just getting waterproof paper and printing our monogram and sticking them on there? Anyone else done this? Good/bad idea??
        A few BDW brides have bought travel cups & then personalized them with waterproof labels & markers.
        They came out really cute. I would do a few as tests to see how well they hold up before you buy them in large quantities.

Here's a thread that I found that may give you some ideas:
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33350

I knew someone on here had done this before so I went looking for the thread & found it.
        This thread has the pics of the mugs:
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13580

And this one tells how she did it & what materials she used:
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13574

Morgan did these as well. Take a look at her planning thread:
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21764

Marrying My Aussie Prince on 9-10-11 at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa

#634 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
        • 170 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

I love this! Such a great idea!!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

I was reading in the 'What I would and wouldn't do' forum (EXTREMELY helpful if you haven't yet read it), and nearly every bride mentions her OOT bags being a hit. there were a couple specific ideas I thought were great:

* including a CD and stamped mailer so that people could send you all the digital photos they took (cost on this is maybe $2 each with 88 cent postage, so it may be better to just hand those out to guests who are taking a lot of pictures)

* adding a Mexico postcard (stamped) for people to send to their loved ones back home (maybe $1 each including ~ 70 cent international stamp)

* including a US postcard for guests to fill out with their best wedding memory and send to you after you're home

happy planning, ladies! : )

#635 erinmc

erinmc
          • 284 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Love this thread!!

#636 JMikla

JMikla
            • 189 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Great ideas: Thanks Ladies!

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
              70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#637 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
              • 614 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

hey ladies - had an idea here that I don't think anyone mentioned earlier. what about including inexpensive digital watches in the OOT bags? every time I travel out of the country, I can't use my cell phone, and since I don't wear a watch, I never know what time it is.

I found some watches on eBay for $1 - $2 each. not only are they available in lots of colors, they're WATERPROOF. they also have some that glow and kid sizes.

just wanted to share in case anyone is working on bags now. : )

watch.jpg

#638 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Love this idea! I had thoguht about it in the beginning of our planning but totally forgot about it! Great price you've found!!!!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

hey ladies - had an idea here that I don't think anyone mentioned earlier. what about including inexpensive digital watches in the OOT bags? every time I travel out of the country, I can't use my cell phone, and since I don't wear a watch, I never know what time it is.

I found some watches on eBay for $1 - $2 each. not only are they available in lots of colors, they're WATERPROOF. they also have some that glow and kid sizes.

just wanted to share in case anyone is working on bags now. : )

watch.jpg

#639 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                  • 614 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

no problem! I should have also mentioned to search for "3 ATM" waterproof-ness. you can wash your hands with something that's 1 ATM and not worry. 3 ATM is waterproof to 3 meter depths. I think if we didn't get the strongly waterproof watches, guests would forget and go swimming with them. or maybe that's just me, the non-watch wearer. ; )

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Love this idea! I had thoguht about it in the beginning of our planning but totally forgot about it! Great price you've found!!!!

#640 morgan7

morgan7
                    • 219 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

hey so for all of those canadian brides out there i just ordered 16 oz create your own mugs from oriental trading. they were on sale for $10 for 6 of them. i bought 24 and it cost me $40. I then found a cupon code that gave me $10 off of shipping on all orders over $39. so i only paid $15 for shipping. that means that i bought the mugs for $2.30 each and i get to make the insets myself as what ever i want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users