jrodsgirl
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

Fantastic review! Congrats to you both!

#12 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
    • 456 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see your pics! I just have a few questions...

Since you got married at one, and the sun is usually pretty bright at that time, did you find yourself squinting alot during the ceremony? My contacts make my eyes pretty sensitive to sunlight so I am a little nervous about this. I don't want to mess up all of my wedding ceremony pics!

Did you have tables at the Poolside reception? Did you feel like you had enough room to dance? I was going to do the Seagrape, but now I am rethinking after you mentioned the noise from the main stage.

Did any of your guests get to eat in the other restaurants? Are tips kind of expected to make a reservation? You aren't the first bride to mention that reservations were only available after a tip was offered.

Overall it sounds like you had a great time! Congrats!

#13 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
      • 456 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Since you got married at one, and the sun is usually pretty bright at that time, did you find yourself squinting alot during the ceremony? My contacts make my eyes pretty sensitive to sunlight so I am a little nervous about this. I don't want to mess up all of my wedding ceremony pics!

Did you have tables at the Poolside reception? Did you feel like you had enough room to dance? I was going to do the Seagrape, but now I am rethinking after you mentioned the noise from the main stage.

Did any of your guests get to eat in the other restaurants? Are tips kind of expected to make a reservation? You aren't the first bride to mention that reservations were only available after a tip was offered.

#14 Carolyn

Carolyn
        • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congrats Mrs...........

#15 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for sharing and congrats!! You all know we want to see the pics :-)

#16 misstrae76

misstrae76
            • 217 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:46 AM

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

#17 blurt

blurt
              • 105 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

Congratulations, sounds like you had a brilliant time, thanks for your review, looking forward to seeing your pics.

#18 amagee

amagee
                • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Scott-Pierre

Thanks so much!

The beach gazebo is actually right near the side of the hotel, so that it is always shaded, except early morning. I was shaded walking down the aisle and didn't have any problems with squinting during the ceremony, the sun wasn't on us, it was nice because then you don't get so hot!!

As for the poolside reception, there are already white rod-iron tables and chairs there, then Nikki brought some extra chairs. There was plenty of seats for everyone, and the dance floor was definately big enough. Again I had 50 people, but you have the entire pool area to yourself, we were really glad we switched. I didn't switch until the day before the wedding, but with our I-Pod speakers you definately would not have heard our music at the Seagrape. Not to say teh Seagrape wasn't a nice spot :)

Only a few of my guests ate at the A La Carte restaurants, but were only able to get into the Mammee Bay or the Japanese restaurant. They had to go at the time of the first or second sitting and pay to get in...most of my guests didn't want to put out the extra money. This is the one thing that realy upset everyone that went to my wedding. I would say they are waiting for people to offer money, because every night we would walk by the restaurants and they were EMPTY!

#19 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
                  • 170 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

sounds like you had a fab time!

The poolside reception, do you have to pay extra for this and if so what is the cost?

Can't wait to see your photo's

#20 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
                    • 170 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

sounds like you had a fab time!

The poolside reception, do you have to pay extra for this and if so what is the cost?

Can't wait to see your photo's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users