Photo

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#1431 amandseth

amandseth
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

Sorry to hear about that, hun. I'm actually having the opposite problem with my FI, who gave me total control over the wedding planning but has now taken a sudden interest in the financial end of things and is all over me about spending! Which is fair enough, but its hard to deal with the critisism.

Oops. I digress...

Are there any elements that have not yet been bought/paid for? We also had to rework some things in order to fit it all in. You could save on the brunch by doing the cooking yourself, or delegating it to family members. Or scratch it all together and do it at the resort. We're planning to just get the bridal party together at the buffet and throw some tables together the night before the wedding.

There are great tutorials on YouTube about how to do your own bridal do's (which I'm making use of for my legal ceremony, TTD, and AHR to save big bucks).

Are you having an AHR? We've saved a lot in the department on finding good deals for decorations.. Let me know if you want more details on that!

I had a total meltdown last week, being so overwhelmed with $$ issues and my to do list. FI calmed me down and we went through the list and prioritized and put things into perspective, which allowed us to make some cuts. It was well worth it, as my stress level has gone way down.

Truth of the matter is, there is only so much you can do at this point to save the dollars. So prioritize and see what can be cut, then step back and relax. It's no use stressing over what can't be undone. You should be enjoying this time, seeing everything come together and getting excited for the big day!

Hugs!!
    Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
    http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#1432 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
    • 1,225 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

Ashely, I can completely relate. Im worried that we will run out of money to make the trip home. I barely have the extra cash to get all the primping done. Its so stressful.

And now Im stressing about how the reception will look. Its on this property, and Im sure the beauty around will be enough....but I keep stressing about what if we need more lighting. Maybe I should of added some paper laterns or flower pom pom things.

By the way, love the pimp shoes :)

#1433 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

BARRYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URGGHHH I thought ordering 6 weeks out would be enough, I get a proof this week!! WTFFFFFFFF!!!

Okay sorry, I am grouchy cause I need to print my seating cards and am procrastinating. cause they are annoying me. I dont want them, dont care about them and prob wouldnt do it if my parents were divorced.

#1434 cbell

cbell
        • 475 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

I swear you need to email Barry 3 times to get an answer. However I got my koozies and the fuschia was more purple than pink so I contacted him about it. He was very responsive and is sending me pink ones at no charge, they were shipped a few days later. In the end it's a great deal because the other koozies I found were much more with the setup fee. But he definitely could improve his responsiveness...hopefully you all get your koozies in time!!!

#1435 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

Im hoping that my koozies get here in time. I emailed him 3 times to get a response to, and he said they were shipping priority on Monday and I would get a tracking number from paypal. So if I dont have them today or tomorrow than I will be blowing up his email.

#1436 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:59 PM

Ugh, I feel like someone should start a thread on him so everyone knows that they have good product and are the cheapest but order 5 mo in advance since they take forever.

maybe when I am out of this meeting aI will do that if not already done.

#1437 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
              • 1,225 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

What are you guys doing with your hair? Im trying to get some ideas. Im not wearing a veil so was thinking of some flower or something in it....

So far I like this...

http://ny-image3.ets...ll.89096111.jpg

But think that might be to cutesy....so than fell upon these, and while I dont like the gold trim it would look fabulous against my auburn hair.

http://ny-image0.ets...ll.86817384.jpg

Sorry took the images out, they were huge!

#1438 amandseth

amandseth
                • 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

Very pretty, Melissa! But keep in mind the silver accent on your dress! I think I'd go with the first ones...

I'm doing my hair like Taylor Swift in her Love Story video.
                  There is a good picture at this link:
                  love story by taylor swift - MyFoxHouston Photo
                  Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
                  http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#1439 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

Amanda, you completely right. See thats why I love having you girls. Is your name Amanda, I just assumed? LOL

I found my shoes!!!!! I went to another DSW today and said to the salesgirl, Im not leaving without my wedding shoes. I told her my story and described my dress and she went to town. I LOVE them. They are heels, not wedges though. I think Ill be okay because the only part in the sand is the reception tables. The isle to the ceremony location is brick, and the ceremony spot is wood which is where the dancing will be to. Ill survive in other words. LOL

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#1440 NaM

NaM
                    • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Melissa-I think something like the blonde girl Google Image Result for http://www.imageandstylenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/holiday-hairstyles-3.jpg
                      will look great with your new dress! very retro and schick!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users