Sign in to follow this  
beachbride2009

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLee147 View Post
I'm bursting today!! I am officially 1 month away from becomming Mrs. Hansen!! Yippie-o-i-ki-eh!!

Yay! Almost there.....

Ashley, your shower sounds like it was wonderful! Hopefully your BM is understanding, especially since you asked her for an updated address.

Keira....I was bursting yesterday with my one month away :)

We got a lot accomplished this weekend. Caterer booked, reception setup decided, officant half booked, first dance song picked, bouquet ordered, and worked hard on our programs. We just need to finish the page of the ceremony details and it will be good to go.

Wow this is really happening. :)

Wow Melissa, you really did get alot done. I spent alot of time this weeking working on wedding stuff too. I got the OOT bags finised and started work on the AHR invitaions. They're DYI and take a while to put together but they're oh so cute.

What bouquet did you decide to go with? I'm excited to see it!

I ended up going with this one...

seashell bridal bouquet by HighTideCreations on Etsy

If I can find some lace Ill replace the netting with lace, if not Ill just wear it alone. Im a little worried how heavy it will be on the plastic stem. There were some other really beautiful seashell bouquets I love on etsy, but I just couldnt spend $100+ on it! Shes shipping it today so Ill post a picture when I get it :)

Here is the mock up of our programs...

http://melissaandgrant.com/images/program.jpg

We really wanted to print ivory on the green but we cant do it on our printer. And the brown is a little to dark. Im going to see what it looks like in the sun. If its still to dark we may just do ivory for the cover and back and use green font instead of brown to make it look a little different than the other pages. We have these heart brackets to put through the upper left corner to hold it together.

Ladies, what are you planning to do with your wedding rings leading up to the big day? I've heard so many nightmare stories of valuble items being stolen from rooms, even from safes. I'm being told to just wear it, since technically we'll already be married anyway, but I really wanted to save that for the ceremony. I've asked a couple people to just wear the ring for me, but they don't seem to want to take on the responsibility. lol.

Any ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepperette View Post
I ended up going with this one...

seashell bridal bouquet by HighTideCreations on Etsy

If I can find some lace Ill replace the netting with lace, if not Ill just wear it alone. Im a little worried how heavy it will be on the plastic stem. There were some other really beautiful seashell bouquets I love on etsy, but I just couldnt spend $100+ on it! Shes shipping it today so Ill post a picture when I get it :)

Here is the mock up of our programs...

http://melissaandgrant.com/images/program.jpg

We really wanted to print ivory on the green but we cant do it on our printer. And the brown is a little to dark. Im going to see what it looks like in the sun. If its still to dark we may just do ivory for the cover and back and use green font instead of brown to make it look a little different than the other pages. We have these heart brackets to put through the upper left corner to hold it together.
Good choice on the bouquet. I think it'll be fairly easy to find a pretty lace at your local fabric store. When I went to one near us I was floored at all the choices they have. As for the plastic stem, I wonder if you would be able to wrap a piece of foam around and then some ribbon to finish it off. It might add some durability and make it more comfortable to carry.

You're programs look awesome too. I see what you're saying about the brown being too dark. Have you talked to any printers to see how much they might charge to print them for you? They might be able to do the ivory that you're looking for. Or perhaps an opal to give it a little sparkle. Just a thought.

Yikes, I hope I don't forget to do anything. I still need to get shoes or sandals... :P

I'm pretty much done of the pre-travel gifts, just waiting on the inflatable neck pillows to arrive. I finished the pre-mexico booklet, resort booklet, printed out a resort map, and almost done of the week/wedding timeline.

For the OOT bags, just waiting for the actual oot bags to come in and need to pick a few little items (puzzle book and hand sanitizer).

But I feel like I am forgetting a lot more for some reason. I'm always like that though... UGH and I hate that feeling.

Hmm, I have noth thought too much about it since I will get there tues and the wedding is fri so it it basically 2 days to figure out what to do with the wedding rings.