Sign in to follow this  
KathleenandDan

Wearing your Dress in the Ocean for Pictures

I love all the pictures of the bride and groom lying in the water. What do you do with your dress after that? I would love to do this, but ......... Please help me out with this one cause my FI keeps kidding around that I am going in the water. blush2.gif

I had two dresses. My wedding dress, and then I bought a cheap dress of Ebay. When I was done "trashing" my dress I ended up giving it to a local girl who was watching us take the pictures. She was so happy.

I only had one dress. I was going to give it away, but hubby wanted me to bring it home. So I hung it up in the shower and rinsed it off and hung it out on the balcony to dry. Folded it up and brought it home. Its hanging in the laundry room and I dont know why.

Stacey that picture is fantastic!! I'm trying to come up with some ideas for my TTD session so I might steal the idea if thats ok. :)

Did your dresses look similar at all or did you just get something cheap for the photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenandDan View Post
I love all the pictures of the bride and groom lying in the water. What do you do with your dress after that? I would love to do this, but ......... Please help me out with this one cause my FI keeps kidding around that I am going in the water. blush2.gif
I had actually been thinking the same things actually. I never heard of TTD until I joined this forum. I think that it's a really great idea and the pictures are amazing. My aunt is making my dress so I can't really see myself ruining it.

A lot of ladies on here buy a second dress for their TTD.

Personally, I am wearing my dress and then getting it cleaned when I get home. I don't plan on wearing it again - so if it doesn't come out perfect afterwards; then that's okay with me.