Photo

Noon Catholic Wedding

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hbr5515

hbr5515
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hi there! I'm a newbie- but I want to say thank you for you all sharing your experiences- it has really helped me out!

I have a question (actually many :-).) My fiance and I are trying to plan a Catholic ceremony in PV. We spoke with Our Lady of Guadalupe and they have availabilty on our date, June 6, 2009, but at noon---has anyone ever been to a noon wedding?

If so- what kind of reception followed? I had envisioned more of a big dinner and dance until the wee hours of the morning! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Has anyone married in another Catholic Church in PV? Is so- was it possible to have a bilingual ceremony (his family is Spanish speaking and mine is English), and do you know where I could find some pictures of different churches.

#2 jmiranda

jmiranda
    • 697 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

Congratulations! I am actually getting married in PV in October 2009 at Iglesia Maria Reina de la Paz. It is located in the Marina.

The picture in my siggy is the church. It is very beautiful.

Check this link for more pictures http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t9960

#3 hbr5515

hbr5515
      • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Thank you for the info and the pic!

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hbr5515
          Hi there! I'm a newbie- but I want to say thank you for you all sharing your experiences- it has really helped me out!

I have a question (actually many :-).) My fiance and I are trying to plan a Catholic ceremony in PV. We spoke with Our Lady of Guadalupe and they have availabilty on our date, June 6, 2009, but at noon---has anyone ever been to a noon wedding?

If so- what kind of reception followed? I had envisioned more of a big dinner and dance until the wee hours of the morning! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Has anyone married in another Catholic Church in PV? Is so- was it possible to have a bilingual ceremony (his family is Spanish speaking and mine is English), and do you know where I could find some pictures of different churches.
          We've had a couple of earlier weddings. What we've done is simply set the reception date later in the afternoon - so all the guests come to the church wedding and, then, the reception starts around 6 or so - giving the guests time to go home, rest up and get ready to party .

I don't have photos of the churches, but your coordinator should be able to help you with other alternative churches - besides the one in the Marina, there are a couple other churches which might have your date available with a better time.

#5 jmiranda

jmiranda
          • 697 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hbr5515
            Thank you for the info and the pic!
            No problem let me know if you need the contact info or any other information.

I will be more than happy to help out with whatever I can.

#6 JC0721

JC0721
            • Banned
            • 74 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

hbr5515 and jmiranda,

I tried sending a PM but I'm having problems with it. Are you both using coordinators?

hbr5515 - will Guadalupe church conduct your wedding in English?

I got a reply back from a WC telling me she "doesn't think" they would. I'd love to get your feedback.

Gracias!

#7 jmiranda

jmiranda
              • 697 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

I am not using a wedding coordinator. I am planning everything myself. It helped alot to go to a site visit because it gave me the opprtunity that book the major things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users