laser or ink printer?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 akumalbound

• 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

i'm getting ready to print my programs - what's better laser or ink? i'm using cardstock and making the fan programs. thanks!

#2 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

I used a laser and I loved it. HOWEVER, I used really thick cardstock for my STD's and the printer would not grab the paper. It took forever.

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

I prefer laser, I *think* I can see a major difference!!
        The only thing about that is making sure you get the right kind of paper. It's easy to find the cardstock colour you love, but sometimes it's inkjet only and then it'll jam easily, not grab the paper properly, or the image won't get burned onto the paper properly and it'll look really smudged. I didn't realize this until I tired it after we got the new printer and I was cursing endlessly at it! If you're unsure, write down the model number of your printer and ask the "knowledgable" sales associate!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:10 PM

I wanted to use color ink and don't have a color laser printer, so I used an inkjet. If I was printing in black ink, I would've used the laser printer. I think there are less smudge issues with laser ink/toner.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#5 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Definitely use laser! The quality is much better and the colors will look better as well.

#6 Jessica

• VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

agreed, laser has a better printing quality.

#7 Mrs.Morley

• 259 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

I used a inkjet and I think my stds came out just as good. When I went to buy the envelopes, the people at the paper store complimented me on how good they printed on the inkjet.

#8 SusanK

• VIP Member
                • 2,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

One of my BM is helping me with my invites... she has done several weddings and definitely prefers laser...especially if your paper has any kind of sheen to it!
                  Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users