Photo

Dreams, paying for guests, ETC!! ahh!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SarO35

SarO35
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

So, I've been trying to find a lot of answers in the dreams thread, but there are so many pages so I'm hoping to find some answers here. Since we decided to do destination we really would like to pay for the majority of our family that we really want to be there. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what room rates for around 40 would cost?

Also, did anyone have a party for the guests that couldn't make it after the wedding?

And one last question, how far in advance do you need to book Dreams? We are looking to book for Oct 2010.

Thanks for any help!

Sara

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

The room rate vary by the time of year. So a Travel agent may be able to help you best and book you as a group to negotiate a lower rate. I used Tammy (Host) from this forum with wright travel agency.

I booked about 11 months in advance but I am sure that you can book closer to the date I am not sure how far in advance they will go, but I am sure that a travel agent can help you.

They can also negotiate some extras, like free nights for a site visit and upgraded room for your stay.

#3 missdanelle

missdanelle
      • 687 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

If you and your FI are personally paying for 40 rooms yourself you should be able to get a very good deal I would think. Thats definately alot of money to put down though.
        Alot of people are having AHR (at home receptions) when they return for the people that couldnt make the trip.

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

I would have to guess just the hotel stay would be $6K to $8K per night at Dreams for 40 people.

#5 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

I think the best way is for you to talk to a travel agent, like Erika said Tammy (Host) is fabulous! I used her for my wedding and she set up a room block and was able to get great rates for our guests.

I paid for our three rooms, for both bridesmaid's and their husbands and for the groomsmen (they were single and shared a room).

#6 SarO35

SarO35
            • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

thanks for all the reply's!! Did anyone go down there and check out more than one place? Or was Dreams everyone's first pick? Is it true that the bar's close at 11? and did that affect anyone else choosing Dreams?

Sara

#7 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

I liked Dreams for the size and thier wedding experince. The hotel bars do close earlier but I thought that would actually be better for all of our parents and thier friends. the younger kids may head to town a few nights but we will have enought to share cab to town.

#8 SarO35

SarO35
                • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

If you have a legal wedding not just the symbolic wedding will it be in english? ALSO, does anyone have pictures of the rooms? Honeymoon suite etc?

#9 amesharpe

amesharpe
                  • 260 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

WOW!!! That's fantastic! That's quite the undertaking though. I suggest that you find a Travel Agent to discuss this with though. You might be able to score a better deal if you find one that works a lot with the Dreams Resorts! Good luck and happy planning.

#10 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

The legal weddings are preformed in Spanish but there can be a translator.

There are tons of pics of the rooms on thier website:
                      Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa: Unlimited Luxury Defined

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users