Photo

Past October Brides-- love to hear from you!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WindyCityGirl

WindyCityGirl
  • Banned
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hi Ladies,

My fiance and I are hoping to pull off an October 2009 wedding but were wondering about the weather in PV at that time. We've both spent time in PV in July and September so are familiar with the rainfall at in the rainy season but were wondering how different it is in October. We're hoping that it will be fine and we wouldn't be crushed if we got a brief rainstorm. Just was wondering if any past October brides had some thoughts on this.

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

~Heather

#2 babymagic40

babymagic40
    • 20 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

I am bummed no one is responding. I too am braving the risk of an October wedding. I am hopeful though. Have you checked the weather the last 5-10 years? I did and it is impossible to predict. So hey, we picked the dates right...now we just hope and pray for good weather.

#3 Kathie

Kathie
      • 2,654 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hi. We were in PV this past October and had NO RAIN whatsoever. As a matter of fact it was a bit too hot and sticky, but I'd rather have that then rain. They say the rainy season is through October but it usually is bad in September and not so much in October. I think you'll be fine.

#4 jmiranda

jmiranda
        • 697 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hey FI and I have gone to PV in October the past 2 years and the weather is real nice. NO rain at all. Im getting married on Oct 21 2009 3 days before you. Hey we will be in PV during the same time.

You shouldnt worry about the weather. Its hot but not too humid and no rain for us when we have been there.

We should be good.

#5 WindyCityGirl

WindyCityGirl
          • Banned
          • 179 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hey Jessica! Thanks for the info. I see you are also from Chicago-- are you in the city? I'm in River West. It's great to find another Chicago bride on here!

#6 jmiranda

jmiranda
            • 697 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hey no problem glad to help. We are out by Romeoville area. So hows the planning going?

#7 babymagic40

babymagic40
              • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

Glad to hear October isn't too bad..now I can sleep a little better.

#8 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

Our wedding was in October 2007 and it was a beautiful sunny day. very hot and very humid but I'm sure you know what that's like if you've been there for either the month of July or September. I'm trying to think about the days we had rain. Mostly just a shower in the afternoon if any rain at all.

#9 lety01

lety01
                • 37 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Great to know! My sis is getting married at the end of Oct, we were told it was better after the 2nd week!

#10 tiffaneyh

tiffaneyh
                  • 151 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

Good to know. I am getting married on the 21st and am hoping for the best. Regardless rain in PV is better than rain in Seattle.
                    Tiffaney

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
                    October 21, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users