Photo

Traveling w/ Child Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

We'll be traveling w/ my 9 year old son to Jamaica...he has his passport already. I know I need to have a notarized letter from his dad with permission to take him in and out of the country. Does anyone know where I can find a template or example of that type of letter? Or does anyone know what information needs to be included in the letter?

#2 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
    • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

There are a bunch on consent wording on this site:
      Travel Abroad Passport Permission Single Parent Guardian Notary - docstoc

#3 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by pearlygirl
        We'll be traveling w/ my 9 year old son to Jamaica...he has his passport already. I know I need to have a notarized letter from his dad with permission to take him in and out of the country. Does anyone know where I can find a template or example of that type of letter? Or does anyone know what information needs to be included in the letter?
        I've had to do this each time I vacation with my daughter since her father and I broke up in 99. My letters have always gone a little something like this:

I ______ (other parent's name), hereby authorize _______ (your name) to travel with our son/daughter _______(child's name, and date of birth) to and from ______ (location, include city and country) from the period of ____________ (dates). They will be staying at the _________ (hotel/resort name, address, phone number.)

This authorization to travel with our child to _____ (location) shall be extended up to 30 days past the return date due to unforseen circumstances, including, but not limited to, flight cancellation, an emergency, an illness or a natural disaster, that prevents them from returning home within the scheduled time frame.

* Then make sure it's signed by the other parent, and have them include their contact address and phone number. Lastly have it all notarized.

Hope this helps!!!

#4 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

Thanks girls! I knew you'd come through for me once again

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

You know since my daughter got her passport I havent had to have a letter from her father. My daughter did return to the states with my mother after the wedding and I gave her a letter and she was never asked for it. You know the person to ask is Yari or Abbie I think one of them works for an airline. I cant remember which one.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#6 Dianna

Dianna
            • 358 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

I agree, since you have to have the father sign the consent to get the passport. I just got on e for my daughter too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users