Sign in to follow this  
divadivine25

Weddings at Noon, dinners at 6......

My wedding was at noon (RIU MB)- ceremony started a little late- pictures and toasting with wedding guests until 2- DH and I had some time alone while our guests ate lunch- then we met at the pool for drinks. Family & friends stayed at the pool until 5. DH and I left around 4- Michael came back to do sunset photos with us at 5:30. That took an hour then we joined our guest at the reception. The time went by very quickly.

The time between will fly by, trust me! Our ceremony was at 2pm and i wish we would have had another hour at least to take some more pictures. Our guests mostly sat around at the pool bar and visited (and drank!)

We went to the pool in between and got spoiled by the bartenders. Some of our group played a game of poker...everyone just kinda did what they wanted.

It's a nice break between the ceremony and the party plus lets you get out of the wedding dress for a bit!! It can get quite hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starryt View Post
My wedding was at noon (RIU MB)- ceremony started a little late- pictures and toasting with wedding guests until 2- DH and I had some time alone while our guests ate lunch- then we met at the pool for drinks. Family & friends stayed at the pool until 5. DH and I left around 4- Michael came back to do sunset photos with us at 5:30. That took an hour then we joined our guest at the reception. The time went by very quickly.
Thanks for that timeline, it really puts some things in perspective for me! And congrats on getting married!