help! Need a venue for 50 guests!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 filby42

• 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

My wedding planner (Lori Scott Lawrence of Tropical Maui Weddings) suggested Five Palms in Kihei so that is where we are getting married and we have about 42 guests.

The owner of the restaurant is soooo helpful and the website shows wonderful pictures of the grassy area where you can have the ceremony. Lori said the food is wonderful, and the prices are very good (we are having a budget wedding so it was perfect for us).

Check it out: Home

#12 Macphail

• 588 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Kihei is a beautiful location for your wedding! You'll love it. Then again.. I don't know if there are any bad sections of Maui! =)

#13 MauiBride2B

• 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Erika J
        My FI's cousin is getting married at the Plantation in June and the food cost is reasonable at just under $30 per person.
        Hey Erica J!
        Where did your FI's cousin get their food/catering from? And by the plantation, do you mean Olowalu?

#14 litl_april

• 351 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

We're getting married at the Seawatch Restaurant and then going over to Mulligan's On The Blue for the reception as Seawatch's prices were just too high for the number of guests we're expecting. The two are about 5 minutes away from each other. Food here is also about $30/person for their buffet styles and that includes dessert which we're going to try having taken out since we'll have the wedding cake, so it might be even cheaper that way. I too would have loved Olowalu but once we got a full price breakdown of everything that would be needed (tables, linens and dinnerware, caterer, chairs, etc) there was just no way possible. Then we found the Seawatch and Mulligan's and I think it's going to be very beautiful. Both places have amazing views. Good luck on your search and planning!

#15 PaddleAddict

• 63 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

Just so everyone is aware, SeaWatch is not surrently accepting books past mid August 2009. They are dealing with renegotiating their lease and until it is resolved they aren't booking any events.

I really hope the resolve their lease because this is where we really want to get married.

#16 Getting Maui'd

Getting Maui'd
            • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

we have also booked that estate, we are getting married on June 11th!

#17 brightesthour

• 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Hi! I reserved the Maui Tropical Plantation for the ceremony and reception. The setting is beautiful and the food is reasonable. Good luck in your search!

#18 MauiBride2B

• 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm not sure if I noted we got the Olowalu Plantation reserved for October 16th! I had to change to a day earlier than originally planned but at least we got the venue we wanted.

It was very difficult to find a venue large enough for 50 guests that wasn't at a resort. I didnt want to be restricted to the resort's vendors.

#19 Maui_Bride

• 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

I am doing everything at the Royal Lahaina in June. So far they have been awesome to work with. I like that on my day, i get the whole place to myself. There will be no other weddings onsite day of. www.royallahiana.net

#20 da.shmoopies

• 223 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Getting Maui'd

we have also booked that estate, we are getting married on June 11th!
                      Yay! It turns out John and I are going to be the last couple married on the estate. Bitter sweet.

Filby42, we are having our reception dinner at Five Palms also!

I can't wait to read all your reviews! Take lots of pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users