Jump to content

Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here


  • Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#471 Vallarta_2009

Vallarta_2009
  • Jr. Member
  • 236 posts

    Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:39 AM

    Hey CnC,

    I'm getting married at the colonial June 2nd next year. We decided to go with the colonial because of the reviews and it was slightly cheaper than the Elegance. I think the only difference is that the Elegance is newer.

    Good luck picking your resort and date!

    #472 MexicoBeachBride2010

    MexicoBeachBride2010
    • Jr. Member
    • 280 posts

      Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by CnC
      Hello ladies! I think my FI and I are finally at a point to commit! It'll be either Majestic Colonial or Elegance in May, 2010. Waiting for date confirmation from Sandra.

      I'm wondering, how did you choose between Colonial vs. Elegance? I'm just a bit confused as to what the real difference might be!

      Also, any former brides out there from May, 2009? What was the weather like? Does the resort get "crowded" during the weekends? Any recommendations to which room to book (if we get a choice)

      So many questions! Thanks in advance!
      I was there the last week of May for a site visit/family vacation and we stayed on the colonial side. I chose the colonial side because I was more comfortable with it and felt that it would be better for my wedding and the guests that are attending it. The elegance is beautiful but was alittle more money. I am staying 2 weeks so we are having our wedding at the colonial and booked a basic room (we get an upgraded based on availability) and then we are moving to the elegance club and booked a swim up room so we are in the adults only portion. I liked this because it'll give us a change of scenery for the second week and it'll feel more honeymoonish in the adults only elegance club. Goodluck with your wedding and try to get a date soon because I had heard May fills up really fast!

      #473 T&C

      T&C
      • Jr. Member
      • 168 posts

        Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

        You ladies are so helpful! I have been in email contact with Sandra so far getting some questions answered as well.
        I think we are thisclose to booking at the Elegance.

        Another question hopefully you ladies can answer: If we have guests that do not want to pay to stay at the Elegance, can they still attend the wedding, use the beach and amenities while staying at the Colonial?

        #474 BrideMichele

        BrideMichele
        • Jr. Member
        • 247 posts

          Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

          Each guest visiting the Majestic Colonial or Elegance have to pay a daily fee so they can enjoy the food/drink/activities for the day. I think they charge $95 USD per person per day.

          I you are staying at the Colonial it will cost $95 USD per person per day to visit the Elegance (and vice versa). Even though they are sister hotels they are still separate hotels.

          #475 CnC

          CnC
          • Newbie
          • 108 posts

            Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

            Thank you so much for all the feedback! I think we got May 14, 3PM! Sandra hasn't confirmed it yet...but that's what she offered so I'm hoping we got it. We were really wishing for May 22 since that's the day when he proposed; or May 21...but alas, both are full. Wish us luck that we're getting the 14th!

            #476 CnC

            CnC
            • Newbie
            • 108 posts

              Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010
              I was there the last week of May for a site visit/family vacation and we stayed on the colonial side. I chose the colonial side because I was more comfortable with it and felt that it would be better for my wedding and the guests that are attending it. The elegance is beautiful but was alittle more money. I am staying 2 weeks so we are having our wedding at the colonial and booked a basic room (we get an upgraded based on availability) and then we are moving to the elegance club and booked a swim up room so we are in the adults only portion. I liked this because it'll give us a change of scenery for the second week and it'll feel more honeymoonish in the adults only elegance club. Goodluck with your wedding and try to get a date soon because I had heard May fills up really fast!
              So lucky you got to do a site visit AND you're staying for two weeks! Great idea to switch up at the mid-point! I think we are only staying for 5 days or so, so we decided to go with Elegance; but will leave it open for our guests to choose Colonial or Elegance. Waiting to hear back from Sandra and hope she gets back to me soon!

              #477 khomac

              khomac
              • Jr. Member
              • 380 posts

                Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BrideMichele
                Each guest visiting the Majestic Colonial or Elegance have to pay a daily fee so they can enjoy the food/drink/activities for the day. I think they charge $95 USD per person per day.

                I you are staying at the Colonial it will cost $95 USD per person per day to visit the Elegance (and vice versa). Even though they are sister hotels they are still separate hotels.

                This is correct however on the day of the wedding, it is cheaper at $50 per person. The co-ordinator needs to provide a list of off site guests to the security guard.
                Kelly & Pablo

                http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

                #478 MexicoBeachBride2010

                MexicoBeachBride2010
                • Jr. Member
                • 280 posts

                  Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CnC
                  So lucky you got to do a site visit AND you're staying for two weeks! Great idea to switch up at the mid-point! I think we are only staying for 5 days or so, so we decided to go with Elegance; but will leave it open for our guests to choose Colonial or Elegance. Waiting to hear back from Sandra and hope she gets back to me soon!
                  I would not give your guests an option. I would suggest having everyone stay on the same side of the resort otherwise you won't really be able to hang out all together because you can't use the amenities on the side you aren't staying on and have to pay a guest pass fee. This can make your wedding less connected and the elegance only charges alittle more.

                  #479 KMalandro2B

                  KMalandro2B
                  • Newbie
                  • 11 posts

                    Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

                    I agree with Lauren on picking one side to book on. I visited the resort in May of 2008 and the weather was perfect! I am booking the Elegance side because they have an option for your wedding should it rain (i'm getting married next September which is rainy season) as opposed to the colonial side plus I know the Elegance is a step above colonial. I like your idea of switching sides after the wedding...I would totally recommend that if we weren't going to Europe after our wedding. This is a fantastic resort and I fell in love with it instantly. May is a perfect month, wish you all the best!!! =)
                    http://img.weddingco...ker/9ks40fk.png



                    Looking to share photographer Michael Steingard for mid-september 2010. Please send me a private message should you be interested! =)

                    #480 T&C

                    T&C
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 168 posts

                      Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BrideMichele
                      Each guest visiting the Majestic Colonial or Elegance have to pay a daily fee so they can enjoy the food/drink/activities for the day. I think they charge $95 USD per person per day.

                      I you are staying at the Colonial it will cost $95 USD per person per day to visit the Elegance (and vice versa). Even though they are sister hotels they are still separate hotels.
                      Thank you for the response!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users