Jump to content

Photo

Riu Wedding Day Itinerary...Help!!!


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
  • Newbie
  • 97 posts

    Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

    I didn't think about this wedding thing for a few days/weeks, but now I'm back to freaking out about it. Sorry for all the questions, but I need help....I don't even know how the ceremony is supposed to go. But, here is what I am thinking. We'll have 15-17 guests, no attendants at Riu Negril. Please tell me your opinions....what you'd do differently, or if I'm kind of on track here.

    4-4:30- Ceremony
    Seating of guests (play 1 song)
    Walking down the aisle (play one song)
    Vows
    Sand Ceremony
    Announcement of "Man & Wife"
    Walk back down the aisle (play 1 song)
    Signing of papers (music playing)
    First Dance on the beach
    **I don't even know if they announce man & wife or if you walk back down the aisle at a beach wedding, and, if you do, I don't know if you sign the papers before or after you walk back down the aisle. Any info on this is appreciated.

    4:30-5:30- Pictures. Guests can do their own thing or I can set up a "cocktail Hour" except the WC said it can't be on the beach, it would have to be in the lobby. I wouldn't want my guests to feel like they have to hang out in the lobby....they can always do their own cocktails at the beach bar.

    5:30-9pm- ?I don't know yet?? Maybe do the cocktail hour at the hotel or maybe go to Margaritaville or somewhere else on the 7-mile beach for more cocktails and some pics on the beautiful beach.

    9pm- Dinner etc at semi-private location at hotel.

    After dinner I suppose go to the "disco" if we want because all of the other bars in the hotel will probably be closed. I'm not sure what to do after dinner either. But I'd like to be back to the room ASAP :) without offending any guests.

    I'm sorry this is so long, I just want to know if I'm planning this right and what suggestions anyone may have for me. Thanks in advance for any replies!

    #2 chicklet

    chicklet
    • Member
    • 718 posts

      Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by pearlygirl
      I didn't think about this wedding thing for a few days/weeks, but now I'm back to freaking out about it. Sorry for all the questions, but I need help....I don't even know how the ceremony is supposed to go. But, here is what I am thinking. We'll have 15-17 guests, no attendants at Riu Negril. Please tell me your opinions....what you'd do differently, or if I'm kind of on track here.

      4-4:30- Ceremony
      Seating of guests (play 1 song)
      Walking down the aisle (play one song)
      Vows
      Sand Ceremony
      Announcement of "Man & Wife"
      Walk back down the aisle (play 1 song)
      Signing of papers (music playing)
      First Dance on the beach
      **I don't even know if they announce man & wife or if you walk back down the aisle at a beach wedding, and, if you do, I don't know if you sign the papers before or after you walk back down the aisle. Any info on this is appreciated.

      4:30-5:30- Pictures. Guests can do their own thing or I can set up a "cocktail Hour" except the WC said it can't be on the beach, it would have to be in the lobby. I wouldn't want my guests to feel like they have to hang out in the lobby....they can always do their own cocktails at the beach bar.

      5:30-9pm- ?I don't know yet?? Maybe do the cocktail hour at the hotel or maybe go to Margaritaville or somewhere else on the 7-mile beach for more cocktails and some pics on the beautiful beach.

      9pm- Dinner etc at semi-private location at hotel.

      After dinner I suppose go to the "disco" if we want because all of the other bars in the hotel will probably be closed. I'm not sure what to do after dinner either. But I'd like to be back to the room ASAP :) without offending any guests.

      I'm sorry this is so long, I just want to know if I'm planning this right and what suggestions anyone may have for me. Thanks in advance for any replies!
      No need to stress.... its jamaica mon!!!! Destination wedding are suppost to be stress free so just go with the flow.
      I'm getting married at ROR not Negril but you will sign the papers probably after the vows.
      They pronounce you man and wife and then you walk back down the aisle i would think.
      Pictures may take you more than 1 hour depending on what you would like. I would lay this out specifically to the photographer so he knows exactly what you are looking for.
      Disco's in ROR don't open until 11pm unless you book it yourself. The cost was pretty pricy though 250/per hour so if you don't wanna spend the money you may just choose to go to the show or hang out at a bar.
      Hope this helps :)

      #3 pearlygirl

      pearlygirl
      • Newbie
      • 97 posts

        Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

        Thanks ladies!

        Now I know when we sign the papers, that helps a lot.

        We could move the dinner up to 6:30....but I'd like to do it at 9 because if we decide to go to the 7-mile beach for more pics and possibly cocktails or apps, I want to do it earlier so my 9 yr old son can come along. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him out later in the evening. Most of you are ROR brides so I just wanted to explain the reasoning for going to the "7-mile beach"......The 7-mile beach is one of the things Negril is famous for, apparently it is beautiful with breathtaking sunsets (as I'm sure most of you know from doing research on locations for the DW). Anyway, the Riu Negril is located on the next bay, which I'm sure is still beautiful, but I'd like to take some pics on the 7-mile beach as well.

        Again, thanks for the replies.....what do you think about the amount of songs I will be playing? do you think there will be enough time or should I cut a few out?

        #4 RMB12/4/08

        RMB12/4/08
        • Newbie
        • 55 posts

          Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

          I got married at RMB 2 weeks ago today.... It was SO SO beautiful..... Very stress free.... I got married at 2 and the reception was at 6.... Don't feel like you have to plan every minute for your guests!!! My attendants and I walked down to the same song and then we did our vows, walked over the sand ceremony table(another song), signed marriage license(another song), went back and finished with a prayer and announce us as husband and wife, and went straight into taking pictures (no walking back down the "isle" if that is what you want to call it. IT wasn't like a look walk if you were in a church and go between 2 section of chairs, I walked in front of everyone past the front row from the side ) which took a little bit, (in the mean time our photographer had a waiter get a round of drinks from the bar for us while taking pictures) THen we walked back to our rooms, some people stayed in their rooms and rested, so changed and went swimming, we went and chose our photos and we were changed and back to the photoshop by 4 and it took MAYBE 5 minutes to take my dress off and change into "comfy" clothes for a short time.... We actually went and booked another excurion for the next day in between time for the reception.....Most everyone changed their clothes for the reception, make things as relaxed as possible is my biggest piece of advice.... Don't feel like you need a timed schedule because you are going to be in Jamaica and they use "island time" which means if you have a schedule I can guarentee that it won't get followed. hope this helps!!!!
          RMB Bride over 1 year ago! Baby #1 due in March! And can't wait for a drink! On the downhill slide from here!

          #5 chicklet

          chicklet
          • Member
          • 718 posts

            Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by pearlygirl
            Thanks ladies!

            Now I know when we sign the papers, that helps a lot.

            We could move the dinner up to 6:30....but I'd like to do it at 9 because if we decide to go to the 7-mile beach for more pics and possibly cocktails or apps, I want to do it earlier so my 9 yr old son can come along. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him out later in the evening. Most of you are ROR brides so I just wanted to explain the reasoning for going to the "7-mile beach"......The 7-mile beach is one of the things Negril is famous for, apparently it is beautiful with breathtaking sunsets (as I'm sure most of you know from doing research on locations for the DW). Anyway, the Riu Negril is located on the next bay, which I'm sure is still beautiful, but I'd like to take some pics on the 7-mile beach as well.

            Again, thanks for the replies.....what do you think about the amount of songs I will be playing? do you think there will be enough time or should I cut a few out?
            Looks ok :)

            #6 cdc0427

            cdc0427
            • Jr. Member
            • 330 posts

              Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

              The way you describe 7 mile, sounds like that is a TTD place. Maybe you should think about going there next day.

              #7 pearlygirl

              pearlygirl
              • Newbie
              • 97 posts

                Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

                Unfortunatly, we are not doing a TTD session. I would love to do it, but we just didn't budget for it (we just moved the date up one year, so we had about 3 mth to plan & not much time to save). I've seen the pictures that have been posted and they are great. I'm jealous!

                #8 CarissaRiu2009

                CarissaRiu2009
                • Newbie
                • 6 posts

                  Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

                  This itinerary looks great! Thanks actually, I was struggling with mine and it totally helps. I really wanted to do the first dance on the beach as well and am glad to know that I'm not the only one. I had thought we could do cocktails on the beach but if we can't am not really into paying $12 p/p to hang out in the lobby. lol! My guests can entertain themselves until dinner!

                  I think out dinner is earlier and I am so far not planning on having a reception...it just seems expensive and we'll probably all go dancing other days anyhow. Plus, like you I want to get back to my room pretty early

                  #9 jjurick

                  jjurick
                  • Newbie
                  • 45 posts

                    Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

                    Is anyone having the photographer taking pics before the ceremony of your FI and you getting ready? Can someone help me with the photog's sched? Thanks!

                    #10 JUSTUSTWO

                    JUSTUSTWO

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

                      Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jjurick
                      Is anyone having the photographer taking pics before the ceremony of your FI and you getting ready? Can someone help me with the photog's sched? Thanks!
                      You can use the photographer however you'd like. It really all depends on how much time you're booking him for. For example if you want the photog for 4 hours, then you are able to tell him how you want him to spend those 4 hours. Just take a look at the photog's pricelist & you can see the packages & prices.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users