Your Fiance....

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

I'm not even sure if FI knows what date we're getting married!!! He knows that we leave for the sun on January 18th...but everything else is pretty much up to me. I did put him in charge of his stuff...clothes, sandals, BMs gift & most of that is taken care of. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get him to do the TTD shoot - he says the wedding day is my day, but the rest of the "trip" is his time to relax & not be running around having pictures taken, etc! It really pisses me off!!! This is our wedding week -Not just a vacation (although I am looking forward to some R&R too!!) I'm hoping I can sit him down in front of the computer long enough to show him some pics & maybe he'll get it - but I won't hold my breath!!

#12 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
    • 223 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

This is a good thread to read.

My fiance and I had a big blow out about this same topic about a month ago. lol

I didn't even want a wedding in the first place... I was fine with keeping it simple and sweet and just do the Justice of the Peace, but he wanted to have a wedding for his family and friends. One day I brought up something and he flipped and said he was not interested in hearing abut wedding planning at all. So I basically said "Fine!" and called it all off, since I was doing all the work by myself. Well, long story short and after a very long night, the next day he was very apologetic and we sat down and discussed what kind of support I needed from him. Now he just brings up things we should do for the big day out of the blue, and he tries to tentively listen (or pretends to listen ) when I ping him on an idea.

I'm okay with doing the work, but I just needed his support... and his credit card... now and then.

I think all couples go through this at some point. Of course, I think I'd wish he weren't so involved if he had TOO many opinions. lol

#13 missdanelle

missdanelle
      • 687 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

Well im glad to see that im not the only one with a un-involved FI! Seriously, I made the mistake of trying to involve him in picking out a monogram for the wedding the other day... Not so much! Not to mention we have very different style tastes!! You gotta love em' though!

#14 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:19 PM

I have to tell you girls becareful what you wish for. I had the oppisite. Mine had an opinion on everything and I couldn't get anything done. I actually had to start a thread on what to do with a FI that has an opinion. This help me get thru it without really hurting him. LOL. Good luck ladies.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#15 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Trust me, you are definitely NOT alone here!!!

#16 KatyKo

KatyKo
            • 851 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

My FI is involved sometimes. He wants me to give him projects...and I have, but I have yet to see anything come of those projects, LOL. I am the kind of person that would just rather get it done myself than delegate, which is normally bad, but I love planning this wedding, so in this case it works out.

We shall see if he makes us a sand ceremony frame, if he has clothes for the wedding day, and if he finds a cake topper (since he doesn't like anything I have shown him). :)

#17 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KatyKo
                My FI is involved sometimes. He wants me to give him projects...and I have, but I have yet to see anything come of those projects, LOL. I am the kind of person that would just rather get it done myself than delegate, which is normally bad, but I love planning this wedding, so in this case it works out.

We shall see if he makes us a sand ceremony frame, if he has clothes for the wedding day, and if he finds a cake topper (since he doesn't like anything I have shown him). :)
                I just ordered our topper & matching flutes & FI had no idea what they were! When I got them I pulled them out of the box all excitedly (word?) and showed him - he said "what's that?", I said "it's a cake topper"...his response.."oh" and continued to watch TV! GRRRRR!!! So I immediately went to my computer and decided to share my excitement with you girls (who I knew would be just as excited as I was!!)

#18 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
                • 279 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

I am with you girls! FI is not involved at all, we have picked out a location & thats it so far. I want it some time in the summer of 09 but that is coming up soon..

#19 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
                  • 358 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BachataBride
                    I just ordered our topper & matching flutes & FI had no idea what they were! When I got them I pulled them out of the box all excitedly (word?) and showed him - he said "what's that?", I said "it's a cake topper"...his response.."oh" and continued to watch TV! GRRRRR!!! So I immediately went to my computer and decided to share my excitement with you girls (who I knew would be just as excited as I was!!)

lol... i am thinkin that we are def marrying the same man! I swear that is so him hes is like whats that for why do we even have to have that... whatever.. back to tv...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

#20 IndianBride

IndianBride
                    • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

omg, i'm so glad to hear that i'm not the only one with an uninvolved FI. I keep reading about how others are so involved and mine could care less - just wants to know where, when, how to look, what to say -- typical man! Oh well, I'd probably want to kill him if he gets too involved. Can't live w/em, can't live w/out em! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users