Photo

Newbie-Stephanie

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 phanielee

phanielee
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hi, I'm Stephanie and we are planning our Cabo wedding for Summer 2007. Is a planner necessary?

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:20 PM

Are you planning on having a legal ceremony or are you getting married in the states?

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

hi stephanie,

a planner isnt always necessary if you are trying to save $$..if you get married at a bigger resort, alot of times they have inhouse wed. coords. so they will set things up for you.

also, alot of info you can find here...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 phanielee

phanielee
      • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

We are thinking about one of the Pueblo Benito Hotels for the ceremony and reception. We will probably get married in the states before we go to Cabo.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:15 PM

there are a few brides getting married at the PB chain...karla is one of them and i think she is on now.

with the PB chain, you may need a WC.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Jennifer

Jennifer
        • 218 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

Welcome! :)

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

Welcome Stephanie! I would highly recommend doing all of the leg work early on by yourself (if you have time). You can definitely book your venue and photographer/videographer on your own. I personally hired Maye as my "day of coordinator" and have also used her to secure a few things like flowers & to set up my rehearsal dinner. Especially with the help of this board, you should be able to do most "big" things on your own - i.e. save $$ on the planner/.

#8 KARLA

KARLA
            • 373 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host
              there are a few brides getting married at the PB chain...karla is one of them and i think she is on now.

with the PB chain, you may need a WC.
              Hey Tammy... did you mean me?
              We're staying at the Pueblo Bonito Rose as the "home base" hotel during the wedding, but we are having our wedding at the Sunset Da Mona Lisa Restaurant. Sorry I can't help you out with info regarding the PB chain.

Stephanie, now that you have found this forum, I think it is completely doable to do all the legwork and hiring yourself. If you want to have a very relaxing stress free time while you're there, I would recommend a day of coordinator at the very least. I think having somebody there overseeing everything is worth every penny!

#9 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
              • 486 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

Stephanie- We are getting married @ PB Sunset Beach. We did get a wedding planner though. I had heard that the lady @ PB Sunset Beach is responsible for weddings and a host of other things. Another girl i met through theknot said it was tough trying to get in touch with her so she hired a wedding planner and then everything went smoothly after that. Actually that girl is getting married next month, she is going to let me know how things turn out. I chose PB Sunset Beach because two of my co-workers have timeshares there and said great things about the resort and La Nao where the reception is going to be.

#10 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
                • 402 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KARLA
                  Hey Tammy... did you mean me?
                  We're staying at the Pueblo Bonito Rose as the "home base" hotel during the wedding, but we are having our wedding at the Sunset Da Mona Lisa Restaurant. Sorry I can't help you out with info regarding the PB chain.
                  Karla, have you done a site visit to PB Rose? Did you book thru their site? We're trying to decide on a hotel for after our wedding and want someplace in Cabo since we're staying in the Corridor during the wedding. PB Rose looks good online, just trying to find out more about it - thanks!
                  MariaElena - 10/28/06
                  Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users