Photo

I cant decide on a resort!!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

Ladies, I need some help. I have looked at so many resorts that I cant choose one. Maybe you could help me?
    I will have about 12-14 of us. Looking for:
    All inclusive
    Kid Friendly (age 8 & 14)
    Beach Wedding
    Medium size resort
    Decent beach & pool
    Clean but not overly classy- no suits for dinner etc...
    Some entertainment

Im not really picky, cleanliness is very important though.

Any reccomendations for me to look at?

#2 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
    • 415 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

Check out Dreams Resorts (Cancun & Dreams Tulum). I know they are opening a new one in Fall 2009 Puerto Morelos area. They are mid size and kid friendly.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

It looks like you have a good set of guidelines to follow. I would talk to a TA and see what they recommend. Do you have a specific area of Mexico your looking at? I think with your guidelines and if you have a certain area to look into, a TA would really be able to help you. There are some great TAs on the forum you could pm.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 JCrosby

JCrosby
        • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

If you're interested in the Mayan Riviera - I have stayed at the Bahia Principe & the Barcelo and both are very kid friendly, nice & clean. They're pretty big but you could easily stick to one area of either resort. I stood in a wedding at the Barcelo and it was amazing. I was seriously considering both but I think I've settled on the Ocean Turquesa. It's very beautiful and they have a great wedding package. It's also kid friendly. It's so hard to choose a resort isn't it? Good luck! Jennie :)

#5 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
          • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Check out Azul Beach- great mid sized property, kid friendly, swing bar for fun and a great beach! The pools are nice and the staff is incredible!

#6 newfishie

newfishie
            • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

hi there - we seem to have the same problem. We too need to decide on a resort and have only 12 people.. Except it looks like you have a lot more time to decide (we are hoping for March '09)... If available, right now my favourites seem to be Dreams Los Cabos, Dreams Tulum, Azul Beach and maybe Moon Palace (reviews have been good on those but not sure which one will be the winner yet).. good luck

#7 RoryS

RoryS
              • 230 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

You might also want to check out Dreams Puerto Aventuras. It just reopened after being completely refurbished.

#8 Maegan606

Maegan606
                • 115 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hi--i totally understand how hard it is to choose! my fi and i went down to mexico in september bc we had 6 resorts in mind and had to go visit them to decide! Given our trip, we decided to go with barcelo. They had the best beach out of the 6, and we just feel in love with the whole atmosphere! It's also not too over the top- 2 of the resorts that we visited were either too classy or too huge. Definitely check it out, its an amazing resort, and i can't wait to get married there!
                  ~Maegan

#9 CantWait!

CantWait!
                  • Banned
                  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Definitely check out Trip Advisor! The reviews from travelers, plus travelers' photos really helped us. Trip Advisor does a great job breaking down several of the requirements you're looking at as well, so you should be able quickly see where they shake out against what you need.

Good luck! It took us quite a while too... I totally feel your pain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users