size of wedding party when guests list is low?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth

• 100 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

I am not sure how to approach the wedding party. FI and myself definately want a wedding party- I have 3 girls in mind, am willing to have it be just one. But he is impossible. He says the lowest he can go is 4. I can cut it down to just one for him, though. So if we went with 7 would that be too many people? We invited around 100 people and were originally expecting 40. With only 6 people booked, I am afraid to expect anymore than 25. Is 7 people in the wedding party too much for a wedding with a small guest list?

#2 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

I don't think your wedding party size matters at all compared to the number of guests. You should have as many people in your wedding party as you would if you weren't doing a dw. What are you concerned about if your wedding party is large?

#3 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:08 AM

I think you should choose those people who are important to you regardless of how many people that ends up being. I don't think you should potentially leave someone out because you thought the wedding party would be too big. If they mean something to you have them stand up for you on your big day! I don't think the amount of people in the WP has to correlate with the number of guests.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#4 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

I have to agree. I don't think you should base it on the number of guests you are expecting. I think you should completely pick the people who you want standing up there with you on your day. My FI is having like 9 guys be in the wedding but our guest lists is probably not going to exceed 35 or 40 from what its looking like.

#5 Elizabeth

• 100 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

I was thinking the wedding party would be too large. Thanks for the advice- your points were well taken and you are all right. The people who are important should be up there! Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users