Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Tulum Wedding Review- Amy706 w/pics


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 can't wait!

can't wait!
  • Member
  • 517 posts

    Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

    Yay Amy! So glad you had an awesome experience! I only wish I would've stayed there long enough to see it all happen! Great job on the review! And it's so nice to hear they got everything perfect for you. Funny you said Daniel arranged for you to stay an extra night for free. After all the stress we all went through during the closure it was the least they could do.
    Congratulations and please, please post more pics!!!!

    #22 can't wait!

    can't wait!
    • Member
    • 517 posts

      Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

      Amy, I just re read your thread (my hubby was talking to me on the first read) and noticed you said your immediate family got upgraded for free! WHAT?!?! This pisses me off to no extent. My check-in was a nightmare!!! And my sister and father had to PAY to be placed in the same building I was in. I needed them close because they helped me with everything and so I told the front desk to just put them in my building and we would pay the difference! What a load of crock! This is what bothers me about DT. They are so INCONSISTENT. sorry, just had to rant.
      Oh, and you're right, their "oceanview" rooms are not really oceanview. I was in 6203 and can only see the palm trees. Make sure you get an ocean front OR a room on the 3rd floor.

      #23 amy706

      amy706
      • Member
      • 506 posts

        Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Blkatz
        Amy-I forgot to ask you what time your ceremony started?
        I am thinking about the sunset cruise also-it sounds super fun
        Our ceremony started at 4pm! It was beautiful, although we were def rushed to get pics in before the sun set a little after 5.

        The cruise was awesome- highly recommend it! There is a cheaper boat if you have 50 or less!
        Amy706
        Washington, DC
        Dreams Tulum
        December 5, 2008
        Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

        #24 amy706

        amy706
        • Member
        • 506 posts

          Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by can't wait!
          Amy, I just re read your thread (my hubby was talking to me on the first read) and noticed you said your immediate family got upgraded for free! WHAT?!?! This pisses me off to no extent. My check-in was a nightmare!!! And my sister and father had to PAY to be placed in the same building I was in. I needed them close because they helped me with everything and so I told the front desk to just put them in my building and we would pay the difference! What a load of crock! This is what bothers me about DT. They are so INCONSISTENT. sorry, just had to rant.
          Oh, and you're right, their "oceanview" rooms are not really oceanview. I was in 6203 and can only see the palm trees. Make sure you get an ocean front OR a room on the 3rd floor.
          Yeah, I agree. I dont really get that. Each of my set of parents (2 rooms) plus my 3 brothers and their families and my aunt/grandmother each got upgraded to a DREAMs jr suite when they paid for an hacienda jr suite. Then like I said after that it was hit or miss. Most others were hacienda but a couple of friends randomly were put in dreams rooms. I guess its just timing and availability Even if it is based on that it makes no sense why they gave you such a hard time about it?!?!?! My TA's boss visited DT in b/n when they announced the reopening but before the opening and he toured the place with Daniel. I'm wondering if that helped put in the word to take care of my group!?! I'm sorry you had that nightmare, Karla. Ugh.
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

          #25 amy706

          amy706
          • Member
          • 506 posts

            Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

            Okay one of my BMs just posted a pic of the BM bouquests on facebook. Here you go!

            Click the image to open in full size.
            Amy706
            Washington, DC
            Dreams Tulum
            December 5, 2008
            Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

            #26 ERnurse

            ERnurse
            • Newbie
            • 44 posts

              Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:08 PM

              Amy congrats on your beautiful wedding!!
              Did you have the resort videographer there, if you did how was his work? I love those bouquets!!! they are so tropical and pretty, exactly what i have been looking for but haven't been able to find any real nice pics. Did you pick that bouquet from what they offered at the resort or did you bring an inspiration pic with you?

              #27 neen

              neen
              • Member
              • 633 posts

                Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

                Great review Amy!!! So happy things went so well! Everything looked great - can't wait to see pro pics!

                Question - how many tables did you have at your reception? I love that your dancing area was in the center of the room, but not sure if we can have that for ours since we have 8 60" tables....?

                #28 SunBride

                SunBride
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,499 posts

                  Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amy706
                  BEACH BONFIRE- Grade: B

                  That reminds me - we arranged for a bonfire with Landy for after the boat. She recommended we do it at 9pm b/c before that they were playing a movie. It worked- we just paid $50 cash for it. i gave that to landy during our meeting. Well come 9:15, i saw no flames on the beach. So i had to ask one of the staff to call Landy and they did and she came down and had someone light it up for us and set chairs around it. It was pretty mellow at that point but it was nice. They didn't leave any extra wood so once it burned down it was pretty much done. This was the night b4 the wedding though so i was fine with going to bed early!

                  What was teh 50$ for? Just a set-up fee? Then you would have had to pay extra for snacks If 50$ was for the set-up, they definitely should have left you a few extra pieces of wood!

                  #29 ida

                  ida
                  • Newbie
                  • 62 posts

                    Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

                    Amy,

                    Beautiful wedding! You looked gorgeous! Congratulations! Thanks for the review! :)

                    btw, was the bonfire worth it for $50? How long did it last?

                    Yean

                    #30 amy706

                    amy706
                    • Member
                    • 506 posts

                      Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by neen
                      Great review Amy!!! So happy things went so well! Everything looked great - can't wait to see pro pics!

                      Question - how many tables did you have at your reception? I love that your dancing area was in the center of the room, but not sure if we can have that for ours since we have 8 60" tables....?
                      we had 9 tables plus our little 'sweetheart' table for just us. So you should be fine!!! It worked out perfectly to have the dance floor in the center!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ERnurse
                      Amy congrats on your beautiful wedding!!
                      Did you have the resort videographer there, if you did how was his work? I love those bouquets!!! they are so tropical and pretty, exactly what i have been looking for but haven't been able to find any real nice pics. Did you pick that bouquet from what they offered at the resort or did you bring an inspiration pic with you?
                      we did have the resort videographer. We actually had him stay a bit extra as well. We didn't get the dvd before we left so i have no idea. I emailed Landy to see when/how we'll get it but haven't heard back yet. I'll keep you posted!

                      I had some inspiration photos. there was nothing in their flower guide that was remotely near what i wanted. I brought a picture and said- i want that but also add this and that. It was pretty close and i liked what they put together! If you like mine, bring a picture of it (and send it ahead of time) and you can tell her to take away X or add Y, etc.

                      Attached Files


                      Amy706
                      Washington, DC
                      Dreams Tulum
                      December 5, 2008
                      Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users