HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

#791 mswhatever

mswhatever
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by missgomes 

@ nemmerz ~ I think MsWhatever said something very important for everyone to remember: The resort "wedding coordinators" are actually just organizers.  If you want your day to run smoothly and your way, then you need to manage the resort, detail your thoughts/ideas, and designate (or bring) your own wedding coordinators.   Keep note of what worked for some brides and what didn't for others.  Good luck and have faith. I also tipped everyone. It is not required. They will not ask. I believe it made the world of difference. The weekly wage in Jamaica is around $50, I believe. $10 or $20 goes along way. I asked Nina many times about this and she would never give me an average tip amount. She explained that in Jamaica they might pay $150 a month for rent where we pay $1200 or more. She also said that it is not required but anything would be appreciated. I also made friends with a young waitress named Odette. I requested her for my reception and she made sure my glass was never empty. I helps if they like you. Make friends and request them.

Good luck! Happy Planning.

#792 holly_d

holly_d
    • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi! I am getting married at the Grand Palladium on April 29th. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of what their beach ceremony looks like? I've seen a couple of pictures but they look different so I'm not sure which one is the beach I am getting married on. Nina said that it is called Las Brisas beach- did anyone get married on that beach? We are going to have about 70 people and will have chairs/archway that we rented. Just want to be able to visualize the ceremony.

Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

#793 SexyLittleCaboBride2010

SexyLittleCaboBride2010
      • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Here is a picture from our ceremony on the beach. The ceremony was at 4:00. We all went barefoot. The ceremony was absolutely perfect and I felt like I was dreaming because it was so amazing.

You can see from the pic what the groom wore, and the groomsmen wore white linen pants and navy linen tops.

I will do a full review for you guys this weeken (I started back to work this week from my Maternity leave and we jsut got back from GP on Sat.)

Overall, I was pleased with the day, but mostly because I married my wonderful husband, surrounded by our loved ones, in paradise. There were definitely a number of issues I had with the GP and the wedding coordinators specifically which I will share in my review.

73693_496156966207_506701207_7620983_6998818_n.jpg

#794 MRR16

MRR16
        • 249 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

Beautiful pic! Thanks for sharing.

#795 holly_d

holly_d
          • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Absolutely beautiful picture! Thank you so much for sharing! I look forward to your review!

#796 misspaige

misspaige
            • 21 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Beautiful dress! I can't wait for your full review!!!

What package did you choose? It looks pretty! When were you married?

Do you by any chance have an online album of the whole event? I'm very excited to see more!

#797 misspaige

misspaige
              • 21 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

So, after over a week of no response from the resort i started to look for things.

I found all the menus for the restaurants.. does anyone know what i'm suppose to pick? I'm trying to finsih my menu sheets and table seatings. 

As well as itinery. Does everyone get married at the same beach? If so which location is that? So i can mark it in my welcome book.

Does someone have an example of what they used? would be great! thanks!

#798 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Here is a link to some of my beach pictures.

i wore flat sandals and my hubby wore shoes.

I'm also putting the link to my Oot Bag pictures, which has the card I gave out to my guests that had a map of the resort on one side and an itinerary on the other.

http://www.bestdesti...en-non-pro-pics

http://www.bestdesti...s-oot-bags-done

in my signature are the links to my pro pics, slideshow and my planning thread for more info  -

Hope that helps!

Good lucK

#799 kasabre28

kasabre28
                  • 61 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

we were married there on 10/29/10 at 4pm as well I cant wait to see if your review is simular to mine :) because at the end I felt the same way I was just greatful to be married to my hubby...you looked so beautiful many blessing to you guys

Originally Posted by SexyLittleCaboBride2010 

Here is a picture from our ceremony on the beach. The ceremony was at 4:00. We all went barefoot. The ceremony was absolutely perfect and I felt like I was dreaming because it was so amazing.

You can see from the pic what the groom wore, and the groomsmen wore white linen pants and navy linen tops.

I will do a full review for you guys this weeken (I started back to work this week from my Maternity leave and we jsut got back from GP on Sat.)

Overall, I was pleased with the day, but mostly because I married my wonderful husband, surrounded by our loved ones, in paradise. There were definitely a number of issues I had with the GP and the wedding coordinators specifically which I will share in my review.

#800 kasabre28

kasabre28
                    • 61 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

we were married there on 10/29/10 at 4pm as well I cant wait to see if your review is simular to mine :) because at the end I felt the same way I was just greatful to be married to my hubby...you looked so beautiful many blessing to you guys

Originally Posted by SexyLittleCaboBride2010 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users