Sign in to follow this  
lmdels

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

Just spoke to Jascynthia today & she told me I can't bring my own photographer b/c they are contracted with truecolors?! Others have brought & are bringing their own photographers, right? Help me out girls! Also, she said I can not book my own band - that I have to pick from their list of very expensive bands! Has anyone dealt with either of these subjects?

Thanks!

Hey: We were just married at Grand Palladium on January 7, 2009 and we brought our own photographer and while I know they were not happy about it we were never told we could not do it. We received the 8 photos from them that were incuded in the package and can tell you I would have been very upset if those were our only pictures. As for the band I don't know. We just had the DJ and was very happy with that. Hope that helps!

Hilaryerin

Maybe this is a new policy. I am bringing my own photographer for my May wedding. I have had multiple conversations with Charmaine and Jascynthia about this and was never told I could not bring my own. I've already paid a large deposit and signed a contract with her so I WILL be bringing her. In addition she is a good friend of mine and would be coming anyhow so I don't know if that matters. As for the band, I never inquired.

Jalong

How was the DJ? Did you create a playlist? Did he introduce bride, groom, MOB, FOB, etc? I'm still trying to decide on entertainment. Any suggestions?

I actually haven't even mentioned the photographer issue with them, but I don't see how they can stop us. I just saw the truecolors website and was worried with the results.

Mobride, It's hit or miss with the wedding planner. She's good when she gets back to you, but I think they have issues with their internet, and don't receive all of the e-mails. It's kind of annoying actually, so I'm sticking to the basics, and organizing the rest when I get down there.

Turk, I am also contemplating the entertainment. We have booked the steel drum band for the wedding ceremony. As for the reception, I am unsure. Ipod, DJ, private dancing at blue lagoon vs moving up to the lobby bar vs disco?

I saw the photos from the resorts first wedding when we did a site visit and was not impressed at all. They need to realize this is an important event in our lives instead of worrying about more revenue. Has anyone been offered an incentive for having their wedding at the GP? We are all filling up their rooms with multiple guests, yet besides affordable accommodations we are paying top dollar for each and every part of our venue!wtf.gif

I agree turk! I'm going to be bringing at least 30 people to the resort...

My photographer is also a very good girlfriend and she will be there taking pictures regardless if she's allowed or not. I'll let you girls know what I respond back to her.

I agree turk! I'm going to be bringing at least 30 people to the resort...

My photographer is also a very good girlfriend and she will be there taking pictures regardless if she's allowed or not. I'll let you girls know what I respond back to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk View Post
Hilaryerin
Maybe this is a new policy. I am bringing my own photographer for my May wedding. I have had multiple conversations with Charmaine and Jascynthia about this and was never told I could not bring my own. I've already paid a large deposit and signed a contract with her so I WILL be bringing her. In addition she is a good friend of mine and would be coming anyhow so I don't know if that matters.
Same here. I have e-mails from Charmaine saying I can bring my own photographer with no problem. Those will be brought with me in hard-copy too.

I emailed her letting her know the photographer was a close friend...I'll let you all know what she replies. Thank you ladies very much for your help. I can't wait to see all your pictures and hear your reviews! I really hopes everything works out so that I can have my wedding at the GP. We had such an amazing time there in November. If anyone wants pictures, I can send you what I have. My email is hilsquest@yahoo.com.